cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Assignment when posting to a BP with Vendor Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is it possible when performing a periodic posting generated from a leased in contract to set an automatic account assignment of a cost centre to my cost accout.

I am aware that it`s possible via settlement rule to distribute my costs to cost centres periodically in Controlling, but i would like to have an account assignement to cost center at the time of performing the automatic periodic posting.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Pleased to meet you, too.

Severina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexey,

You saved me a lot of time that i was going to spend trying to do it via SCS.

I had thought of substitution but i believed that there would be a standard way of direct account assignment in the FI document to a CO obejct.

I will create the substitution and ask a collegue to write the user exit.

Thanks again will get back to you when i have it working

Severina

alexey_shvab
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think you will make it!

I wish you good luck.

Pleased to meet you

Alexey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alexey,

Rather emarrassing, please accept my apologies, i wouldnt get your name wrong again ))

After i posted the thread i tried with creating a reconciliation account that would clear off with the transfer posting from the contract number to a cost centre. I am going to leave it for time being while still working on the module and would look for some other decision.

I was thinking that the SCS could be probably used for this transfer to CCtr but still havent had time to read more about this possible solution.

Many thanks again for your help, Alexey

Regards,

Severina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Many thanks again for your reply - it has been very helpful.

Few more quesiton though arise - I had created referrence flow type assigned to my basic rent flow type and with relationship for transfer to objects. Then the system requires me to assign account symbols and document type to this referrence flow type - here comes my problem - i dont want to generate accounting document for my transfer posting, because from business perspective we dont want to have credit turnover on our expense accounts. How should i customize it then - can i use this solution and not create accounting document for the transfer and just generate controlling document for the transfer from the contract to my cost centre and if possible do i need to create new account determination and what should my account symbols be?

Many thanks for your help

Severina

alexey_shvab
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Severina!

There is no way to make transfer postings without FI-document So you need to assign account symbols for reference flow type.

The only decision I know is to create two "techical" out-of-balance financial accounts and use them in transfer posting. Then you create these accounts as primary cost elements in CO and after transfer posting in RE-FX you'll see it on you cost center. Its not good decision but i dont know another one

By the way - my name is Alexey... not Alexander

glad to help you

Alexey

alexey_shvab
Explorer
0 Kudos

... I have another idea to solve your problem.;)

You can try to write a Substitution in CO or FI (OKC9 or OBBH) when account assignment object "Contract" will be replaced to Cost Center writed in contract master data.

You can add additional field "Cost center" to contract master data (via BDT) or use existing one in "Posting parameters" Tab.

Prerequisite condition for this substitutuin is field BKPF-AWTYP=REACI. And in Substitution you need to implement User-Exit for changing account assignment from Contract to appropriate Cost center.

Propably you will have to make both field (Contract and Cost Center) available in substitution. For this read Sap Library "Special Ledger" information (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d5/6ada3889432f48e10000000a114084/frameset.htm).

alexey_shvab
Explorer
0 Kudos

SCS didnt help you too, because it makes financial document too...:(

We have made the substitution in my last project to make postings not to RE-objects but directly to another objects (WBS-elements) in RERAPP. It is very similar to your problem. And it works...

But you will need help from ABAP-developer then...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alexander,

Many thanks for your help.

I have activated the "Cost Centre"component in the FX-RE Basic Settings.

I have added in my contract in object tab - the CCtr that want to be account assigned later in my posting.

Then, as you suggested I chose for a distribution obejct the same cost centre in (Conditions/ Distribution tab), but still no result in the controlling document that gets posted together with my FI document in RERAPP.

Do i need to creare a distribution formula in Customizing and to assign it in Conditions?

I will be really grateful if you could guide me into any other customizing settings that need to be done.

Many thanks,

Severina

alexey_shvab
Explorer
0 Kudos

YEs you need to create distr.formula or choose existing one (for example - Equal distribution).

And You should make in RERAPP "Periodic posting" and "Transfer posting"

I think you will have to customize Reference Flow types in SPRO...

alexey_shvab
Explorer
0 Kudos

To be able doing this you need to make appropriate settings in Customizing first!

You should fill Distribution Ru in Contract master data (Conditions\Distribution Tab) and place a cost center in field "Distribution Obj."

Then you make both steps of RERAPP - REDT "Periodic posting+Transfer posting" (field "Type of Posting Run").

As a result two postings will be made by RERAPP - first with debit account assignment to Contract (periodic posting) and second with debit account assignment to cost center and credit account assignment to Contract.