Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel File Download and Drop downs at Column Level

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to download the excel file, but I want to include dropdowns for each column. So that using those values user can add new records using the drop down list values.

I am thinking it is not possible. Can some one validate me..?

I have another approach.

I will download masterdata and the Filedata to the excel and later i will create the relation to show the listbox. But i am not able to download(add the tab) to the existing Excel file. In short is it possible download the multiple files into a single excel file, with different tabs.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you wanted to include dropdowns for each column, it is possible in two ways.

Way1: Statically

Create a View element with type Dropdown by key as one of the table column -->bind the property 'Selected Key' to the required attribute(Since attribute type will be specified to be the data element and within domain can have Fixed values --> The table column would be automatically displayed with dropdown entries.

Way2: Dynamically

In the WDDOINIT method of that view where you have dropdownkey element has located -->Write the following code

DATA: lo_node_info TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node_info.

lo_node_info->set_attribute_value_set(

EXPORTING name = 'Attribute_Name'

value_set = lt_value_set ).

lt_value_set shall be populated with the data that you wanted to display in the dropdown.

Thanks,

Bharath.K

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

let me explain once again...

I know how to enable drop down at columns of table . But i am looking for dropdown list option for a excel file, which is downloaded from Webdynpro application. I know how to download the excel file, But not sure of how to enable the Drop down option for excel columns through webDynpro programatically.

I come to a conclusion that it is not possible. but i need to validate my conclusion.

is it possible to download the multiple spreadsheets into a single excel file..?

Edited by: Vijay Babu Dudla on Dec 10, 2008 8:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The only way I could find is to construct the excel xml by yourself. Both the drop downs and the multiple sheets are supported.

Regards

Kami

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even i am thinking in that lines, but i am not able to proceed further. if you have any hints please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

What I ment is something like this described bellow.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/abap/exporting%252bdata%252bto%252bexcel%252b-%25...

Hope it helps

Kameliya

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i started coding with the similar approach before itself. it is almost similar to the mentioned link. thanks for responding. I already finished my task. I will update the thread soon with the complete solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay Babu Dudla

I have a similar tast as you (download several internal tabs in one Excel file).

Could you please give me some practical tips on how to create the corresponding xml file (as you mentioned in your post)

Thanks and best regards

Andrey

Answers (0)