cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to add unauthorized projects to dashboard?

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is is possible for a cPro user to add a project to his favorites, for which he/she does not have read-authorizations?

Would this mean that this project would appear in his/her dashboard on the cPro start page?

And would this mean that he/she would be able to see columns like "project status" or "actual costs" ?

In this case, the only way to prevent this is to remove the flag "use Dashboard" for the critical project types, right?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Check the Procedure to add project to Favourites.

As per my knowhow, you have to open the project to add it to favourites which ll be then visible for dashboard view "favourites"

Hence the user is not authorized to read/edit project then how can he open the project and hence not possible for him to click on Favourite

so as the answer to 1st qn is NO then there are no possibilities for qns 2,3..

Niranjan

points welcome if useful info

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

if you go to "search" and enter a search term, you can add projects to your favorites directly from the search result. Futhermore, you can add a project to your favorites today, and lose the read authrorization tomorrow.

In both cases, a project will be in your favorites for which you currently do not have read authorizations, right? Or is there any special kind of check that removes projects from my favorites in this case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I think you are on 4.5..

Im not sure,

But when displaying the Dashboard the authorizations are taken into account in 4.5.

Check this note for earlier version :  Note 958449

Niranjan

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on Dec 9, 2008 4:09 PM

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on Dec 13, 2008 11:10 AM

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

thx for the info about the note (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/958449).

I think that note proves that the dashboard will never display any information to the user for which he/she has no authorization. So, my questions are answered:

Is it possible to add unauthorized projects to the dashboad? => Yes

Is it possible to see unauthorized data in the dashbboard? => No

Best regards,

Daniel

Answers (0)