cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCF and Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to know which is better option ABAP Proxies or RFC. Can anyone of u provide me with some link or weblog in this regard.

Regards,

Keith.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are processing large bulk of data then you go for Proxies. Otherwise you can use RFC's itself.

Also chk the following thread

Rgds,

Jothivel.

Message was edited by: Jothivel Sundaram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

I was in a similar dilemma some months back where i had to choose between abap proxies and idoc, what conclusion i drew is that if i have large chunks of data, say my message peak was 200,000 records per day, what do i do, the answer is proxy.

I can provide these aspects to you,

1. see your message load, if very high as i said before go for abap proxy as they are appliaction components.

2. you use an abap proxcy while dealing with sap systems for non sap we can try java procy.

3. is request and response a requirement for you , if yes and message load is less you can think of rfc.

4. Proxies are runtime components, that need was>=6.20

please follow my thread that i posted and the answers,

all the best,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Do refer below weblog , it gives an idea when to use Proxy and RFC

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Proxies are used when you have large chunks of data coming in and that too if its un structured, so if it comes from a SAP system we go for a ABAP proxy, if its from a non sap system, we take a java proxy.

For abap proxy we may use a report to send a proxy data to sap xi.

note that Proxies can be used only if the WAS version is >= 6.20.

Regards,

Anuradha.B