cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

safety stock not getting displayed in product view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Safety stock values are not getting displayed in my product view( RRP3).What may be the reasons?

Rgs

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Can you check if you have a safety stock method assigned in your product master, Lot size tab beside your safety stock. If it is not set, then the safety stock is not displayed in the product view.

I believe you do not need to run any heuristics to get the value displayed in RRP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Thanks for your reply.

All the settings r in place, But the saftey stock does not display by default. We need to run the heuristics for that.

DB:-

You are right, think we need run the heuristics, but how do i run the SAP_PP_018 heuristic. Iam unable to run it thru product master.

Iam using ac08 tcode, and its generating the req. I think this t code is ok, what do you say.

Rgs

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu and DB,

I have also got a doubt, we are running SNP heuristics daily, that is taking this safety stock into consideration and gerating PR'S, Now my question is when i run this safety stock heuristic again , will it not have an impact.

Rgs

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

AC08 will work, even though it is designed for ATP. You can run the SS heuristic through /SAPAPO/CDBPB0. It is also possible to configure RRP3 with a customized Heuristic profile so that the SS heuristic appears in the Variable Heuristic view. Unfortunately, using default settings, (Heuristic profile SAP002) the SS heuristic does not appear.

If you really don't want to run the heuristic, you can set /SAPAPO/MVM > PP/DS 'take safety stock into account' at '2'. This will display SS in RRP3. You will probably get some incomprehensible alerts, and your planning runs will take slightly longer. As I said, I normally use '3'. I also normally set my background planning runs to run the SS heuristic prior to any of the other PP heuristics.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I have never actually looked at this, but the SS heuristic creates a livecache order. I believe it is only relevant for the PP/DS requirements planning and ATP, and not for SNP requirements planning. You can easily check this yourself with a 5 minute experiment.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi Krishna,

You haven't given much info, but I will assume that you are planning with PP/DS and not with SNP.

Go to Model/Version Management (/SAPAPO/MVM). Select the active model and active version (probably 000/000). Look to the PP/DS section. Look at the "Take Safety stock into account". If you have this set to Blank, you will not plan for safety stock.

I normally like to set this for "3 - Consider Safety Stock Requirements in SAP liveCache", but this setting means you then will have to run the safety stock heuristic before the SS requirement will show up on RRP3.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly run the Heuristics SAP_PP_018 - Create Safety Stock in SAP liveCache in order to see the Safety stock in Product view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, the above things r in place, and we r din SNP planning , req r generated through heuristics, also when you say safety stock heuristics, what do you mean, is it AC08?.

Are you sure , when we specify 3 as option , req will only get generated thry safety stock heuristics?.

Rgs

Krishna

Former Member