Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC/SSL related queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are planning for SNC and SSL enablement on our SAP systems (ECC and portal) running on Soalris 9 and Oracle 9.2 paltform.

As per my initial analysis:

1. SSL can be implemented with SAP provided cryptographic files (free for customers), but we need a certificate key pair - test certificate is available from SAP for 8 weeks only. Need clarification on the following points:

a. How much is the certificate cost from SAP or other companies like CA Verisign.

b. Can we use certificates generated from Windows Enterprise Certificate server - will this works if the portal is accessed from public networks.

c. How much is the performance impact in terms of CPU, memory, response time (for end user and SAP application server) after implementing SSL.

2. For SNC, we need kerberos library files which are supplied by third party solutions (Cybersafe, Secude,etc) or opensource (MIT). Please help me by providing answers based on your experience:

a. How successfull it is to implement/support SNC with opensource libraries. Can someone share step by step details of how to do this for solaris platform.

b. How much is the performance impact in terms of CPU, memory, response time (at SAPGUI and SAP application server level) after implementing SNC. Encryption/Decrytion works at what level - SAP application or OS layer where SNC application/files have been placed.

Thanks to all the experts for sparing your valuable time.

Best Regards

D P Singh

1 REPLY 1

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SNC and Kerberos:

I have very good experience with this documentation from Calin:

http://www.mail-archive.com/kerberos(at)mit.edu/msg06889.html

SSL:

the windows enterprise certification server can sign the certificates but each browser has to know this certification instance and has to trust this server. There are already known certification instances implemented in each browser like Versign and others.

Regards

Rainer