Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch & inspection lot activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I have one isssue in our client side.

I am working for process industry.I will creat one production for ome for a particular product.

I will get a regular output for every day,

For every output , i want to create batchnumber & inspection lot.

I can create batch number for regular input. At the same time i can create one inspection lot for one production lot.

How to solve these issue

Thanks& Regards

K.Bhuvaneswaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K.Bhuvaneswaran

The business scinario you have explained is not very clear, What I have understood is a product is being manufactured and for inspecting the same you wan't to create a lot with batch number and daily there will be one lot for the production of a day.

It is not clear that whether you are looking for creating a lot or batch automaticlly or manually.

If you want to create the lot and batch manually then refer following SAP Help

Batch Creation in Inspection Lots

Use

When you create an inspection lot manually, you can also create and assign a new batch to the inspection lot. When you create a new batch, you can assign the batch an external number or the system can assign an internal number, depending on your settings in Customizing. If the batch status management is active for your plant, the system sets the initial status for the new batch (for example, restricted or unrestricted) based on the setting for the material type in Customizing.

Prerequisites

The following settings are active in Customizing for Logistics - General (Batch Management):

An external or internal number assignment is specified for newly created batches (see Batch Number Assignment)

An initial status is defined for newly created batches (see Specify batch level and activate status management)

Activities

When you create an inspection lot manually, you specify the number for the new batch or, in case of an internal number assignment, the system assigns the number automatically.

When you save the inspection lot, the system creates the new batch.

Regards

Suhas Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your requirement is not 100% clear to me. What I understood from your brief is, you need to create a batch and an inspection lot with each GR you do against the Order, M i Correct?

If yes then set the Value as "Partial Lot and Batch for each insp. point" at Header Level data for QM for the routing.

Now what system will do is,,,,, it will ask to create new Batch number and new Partial lot number for each Inspection point Valuation for the inspection lot.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks shyamal.

Its veru useful

Thanks

bhuvaneswaran