CAN U TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE AMOUNG JRE,SDK,SDK,V.M

THANQ

GURU

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

• SDK - Software Development Kit. An alternate name for the JDK.

• The "JDK" is the Java Development Kit i.e., the JDK is bundle of software that you can use to develop Java based software.

• The "JRE" is the Java Runtime Environment i.e., the JRE is an implementation of the Java Virtual Machine which actually executes Java programs.

• Typically, each JDK contains one (or more) JRE's along with the various development tools like the Java source compilers, bundling and deployment tools, debuggers, development libraries, etc.

• The JDK consists of a Java compiler, written in Java, and a run time interpreter for your particular platform. You compose programs using a traditional text editor or an IDE. The term JDK also refers generally to the set of Sun-supplied classes including the AWT.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

please give me one example for one jdk can contains multiple V.M

Thanqqqqqq

Guru

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here i am giving answers of some of your questions.

JRE -Java Runtime Environment

Its a kind of environment where java objects run.

SDK - Server Development Kit

Besically the servlet package comes under the SDK.

JDK - Java Development Kit

It contains all the packages related to the java

There is no such V.M but its i think JVM

JVM - Java Virtual Machine

Its a machine which runs behind the secne to get the appropriate result.

Thanks

Mrutyunjaya Tripathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. SDK , JDK are development kit. this include the java language and compiler that helps you to write java programs and compile them...

2. after compiling u have the class file( equivalent to exe file).

3. To realize the output of your code , you run the class file in the JRE(java runtime environment.) ..

4. this JRE has the VM( virtual machine) , which actually interprets the class file & gives output.

VM's are different for every Operating system. So the code written in windows can be run in linux ( this is possible because the JRE in Linux has a Linux VM, which interprets class file according to Linux OS).. thus the saying goes java- " WRITE ONCE RUN ANYWHERE "

thanks,

arul sekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SDK – Software Development Kit (SDK is common term)

JDK – Java Development Kit

For Sun JDK = SDK.

JDK includes JRE, that is JRE is a subset of JDK.

JDK is for Java Developer ( So for developing java Applications we should have JDK installed in our system).

JRE is for end users.