cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To stop delivery if one of the BOM items not available. -- how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have BOM items

Item Description

10 abc

20 def

30 xyz

Items 10 and 20 are available in a particular date but item 30 is not available. Then save the document.

user does not know items are available or not then they will go VL01N.

There are empty deliveries with out items also but they are saving delivery.

Now they want stop in delivery if there is no items available, the system should not save the document

This is my requirement.

Please let me if you have any queries.Kindly help in this regard by suggesting suitable ideas.

Regards,

Anbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anbu

Sorry I am not clear to some extent. When you say BOM, do you mean to say that line items 10, 20 & 30 are separate components which goes into a different header material or for line item 10, 20 & 30 are BOMs.

Nevertheless, in sale order main screen, there is a field "Complete dlv". If you check this box, for partial quantity, you can do PGI. This is applicable for one sale order. Alternatively, if you want to control for this for all sale orders, then in customer master Sales Area Data sub tab "Shipping", check the box for the field "Complete delivery reqd by law".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement regarding BOM items.

Client requirement is such a way that they have so many BOM items.

Example:

10 monitor

20 CPU

30 key board

When every it deliver these like this they so so many BOM items they use so document types different item categories.

At that time 10and 20 are available 30 is not available. Just they save the document. They will order number another user.

Based on the order number another user will create Delivery it is main 30 item is not available Empties in deliveries (reason is its group delivery.)

But they are able to save the document now they want if in deliveries no item system should not allow save the document.

please through some light on what basis we can stop saving the delivery document

Regards,

Anbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at these Oss notes :

Note OSS 72688 Also deleting incomplete delivery groups in VL01

Note OSS 546719 FAQ BOM et delivery

To prevent this case, use Delivery groups + setting for the delivery item category (quantity <> 0)

+ Modification of standard code for VL01N

Regards,

Lionel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anbu,

If you want "To stop delivery if one of the BOM items not available" try this option

Maintain field Create Delivery Group in the itemcategories of the BOM items.

Go to VOV7 transaction then select your BOM item related itemcategory then go in to the details of that here you can find the field Create Delivery Group under Bill Of Material/Configuration tab maintain this field as X Form delivery group with one delivery date then check.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.