cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh in Webdynpro for an application having multiple components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an application having 3internal components.2 components are 2 modules and all 2 components are integrated in the 3 th component.3th component is having a single window and single view with 2 hyperlinks to the 2 modules(2 componets).

I am using all same standrad BAPI's as function modules in these 2 modules .

Using the first moduule i will add reocrds and using 2nd module i will update the record.

The problem i am facing here is

If i add 3 records it is getting updated in the backend menas if already 5 records are present then 5+3=8 records are there in SAP BAPIS .But in the front end if i execute the same bapi to get the total no of records it is still displaying thema s 5.

But if i refesh the browser and display the total size it is showing 8 records.

I Invalidated all the output and input nodes of standarad Bapis i am using.

But i am unable to identify the root cause of this problem..

Can any one plesae help me out in resolving this issue

Regards

Padma N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Buddy,

You have mentioned that you invalidated the o/p nodes. But the point in your case is that you need to invalidate the nodes in the source component(used component) as well as the o/p nodes in the using or calling component too.

When you refresh the browser screen new instances of the component controllers are created and hence they have the most recent updated data. This can be done explicitly by invalidating the o/p nodes in both the used and using component.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I updated the output nodes in the individual componnet itself not in the componennt i am embeding all this.I dont need any RFCs info in that componenet.So i dont have these RFCs in that component.i have only one view with hyperlinks to the modules itself.

How to resolve this issue

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prassana,

I thought Using the Reset will solve the problem instead of using invalidate for each and every Model nodes.

wdContext.getContext().reset();

wdThis.wdGetSourceComponentController().wdGetContext().getContext().reset();

wdThis.wdGetSourceComponentInterfaceViewController().wdFirePlugExit();

Is this correct ?

What is the best way of resetting the child component to default state when navigate to the parent component.

Answers (0)