Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOA costs, offline support, mobile support

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding the costs of SOA. Given that we already have an SAP SOA environment ready we could start now building web services to offer us the funcitionality we need.

The next step is thinking about the front-end. If you built the front-end within SAP SOA how is licensing managed? I guess you will need an SAP license for everybody that works with the SOA application? Or is it also ok to use some kind of system user mapping?

What would also be great would be some kind of mobile application enablement and the ability to also work offline with an application.

I know that netweaver has a part for mobile development, but as I see it you cannot use it with your web-services composed processes.

A possibility for offline support of sorts would be to use adobe forms.

Are there better / easier / more flexible ways to build front-ends than using web dynpro that would fullfill the needs we have?

Maybe you can give me some hints from your own experiences.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As per my basic knowledge about SOA. In certain scenario it may happen that you initial installing or developing cost for SOA projects will be more but from N+1 project it will give you better returns and simultaneously it make your business More Agile, Flexible, expandable, adoptable to new changesu2026

Initially you may incurs a bulky cost for creating web services but letter on when you use those services repeatedly in future they will give you better returns on your current investment . So to utilize same concept SAP have centralized repository for web services that is called ESR.

Regards

Raj