cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seaburger EDI adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Did anyone using Seaburger EDI Adapter? I need info on the usage, references, comparision to GENTRAN for EDI Usage?

Appreciate any help from forum.

ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Seeburger EDI Adapter leverages SAP XI's Adapter Framework. This Adapter is used to perform conversion between EDI and XML format. It also provides some canned EDI layouts and the ability to build your own. It is used to transfer the EDI message via HTTP or AS2 protocols.

For more info on Seeburger EDI Adapter, visit the Seeburger website at the following link or at SAP Service Market Place.

http://www.seeburger.com

Regards,

sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

what is this As2 protocol, normall I see companies would FTP thier EDI targeted format(X12/EDIFACT) to VAN ?

So Seeburger EDI adapter would provide this connectivity ? and may provide some pre-built EDI content ?

thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>what is this As2 protocol,

it's edi over the internet (no VAN)

http://www.seeburger.com/fileadmin/com/pdf/AS2_General_Overview.pdf

>>>and may provide some pre-built EDI content ?

as far as I remember (from some presentation) it does - it offers some pre delivered mappings

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As I mentioned earlier, Seeburger EDI Adapter provides an EDI solution on internet via HTTP or AS2 to replace the expensive VAN. It provides some pre-built mappings for IDOC to ANSI X12(810,850,855,856 etc.,) and Idoc to EDIFACT(ORDERS,DESADV,INVOIC etc.,) and has the ability to build your own. These pre-defined mappings transform the IDOC-XML to EDI-XML format.

These transformed EDI-XML messages are then converted to EDI specific format using the Seeburger's BIC(Business Integration Converter)adapter. In addition, Seeburger provides adapters like AS2,FTP(EDI specific) and so on to route these EDI messages to external EDI Partners.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam and Michael, gave points to both of u.

another question i was struggling with, fedex/ups real-time interface using sap xi, if u guys know any info, please post it, there is another thread.

Thanks,

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I will talk to my colleagues in SAP to see if they have any info on the FEDEX/UPS real-tim interface with XI and get back to you.

In the meanwhile, go thru the following link and see if that can be of any help to you.

I have posted the same link in your other thread.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/nw/a-c/creating a comprehensive collaborative platform with sap netweaver, part ii.pdf

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos