cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing excise duty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What is the process to change excise duty from 16% to 14%, what are the steps involved apart from maintaining at j1id.......

regards,

ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thank you very much.

regards,

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Firstly thank you very much , i wud like to know what would be effects on the stock in plant, depot and transit.....

regards,

ram....

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

The implications on

- stock in plant would be nill

- stock in depot (assuming that it is outside manufacturing plant), the difference in duty has to be absorbed by the manufacturer

- in transit : same as point 2

Even if you have moved out any material during last week and if they are in transit, due to the announcement by Government that it will be with immediate effect, I dont think, any customer will receive the goods with hiher percentage of duty. So here also, the difference amount of duty has to be absorbed by the manufacturer which will be a loss (

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

If you are using TAXINJ rpocedure then you need to change the Excise duty % through change Tax code maintainence in FTXP transaction.

You go to FTXP transaction enter Excise dutey Tax code then go in to the detail screen here you can change the data from 16% to 14% FOR THE RESPECTIVE Excise condition type then save the changes.

Now system will pick 14 % instead of 16%

If you are Using TAXINN procedure then you need to change the % from 16 to 14 through VK12 transaction for the excise condition type.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Murali

For TAXINJ what you have suggested is wrong. System will give first preference to J1ID and if you change the percentage in "Excise Tax Rate" for the material chapter ID, in billing, the revised duty only will flow. I have tested this without changing FTXP.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your information ......

If you change in J1ID no need to change in FTXP ???

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Dec 8, 2008 6:42 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Murali

In FTXP, for JMOD, you would be maintaining the value as 100% and hence, no need to change the same.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

As you yourself have indicated, any change in excise duty structure, it should be maintained in J1ID for the Chapter ID.

Then in copy control VTFA and VTFL, for the field "Pricing Type", you have to maintain either "C" or "G". In most of the cases, we maintain "G".

Now even if you generate billing for the old orders, new excise duty will take place in your billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi