Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Explosion

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I created main item with item cat grp ERLA and sub-items with NORM..following that I created BOM thru CS01....now when I tried to create a SO BOM is not exploding.....In my understanding if the main item is entered then the sub-items sud explode...correct me if am wrong.....in my case why the sub-items are not exploding?......help me....Thanks in advance......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tcode VOV7 and select your item category and detail.

In that give Structure Scope u2013 B

Application - SD01

Create Delivery group - X

Do these setting and then create sales order

It will explode now in your sales order.

Regards

Raj.

Edited by: Raj Aryan Malhotra on Dec 8, 2008 10:19 AM

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for ur input..but when I entered the material and qty system has to determine the item cate TAQ automatically...its not happening.....system determines TAN then I manually changed it to TAQ only then BOM is getting exploded........clarrify me on this part.......

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumar

Go to VOV4, select your order type and see whether you have maintained the item category TAQ under the tab "HLevItCa" for the combination of your order type and "ItCGr" ERLA.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BOM is exploded in TAQ because the setting which I mention is done in TAQ.

If you go in VOV7 and see the item category TAN then that setting will be missing.

So when you are selecting manually TAQ then BOM is getting exploded.

Now you want it should automatically determine then do this setting

Go to IMG u2013 sales and distribution u2013 sales u2013 sales document u2013 sales document item category u2013 assign item category.

In that you will search for your sales document type and item category group(ERLA).

If it is TAQ is assign then it will be fine other wise just change it to TAQ and save it.

Now try to create the sales order it will be done automatically.

Regards

Raj.

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I am using the standard order type OR only......

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumar

ok check in VOV4 as already suggested where for your order type OR, you should have maintained as follows:-

SaTy:::::ItCGr:::::Usg:::::HLevItCa:

OR::::::::ERLA::::::::::::::::::TAQ

Only if you maintain as above, system will consider item category TAQ in your sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you want to make the Main Item relevant for Pricing in the BOM, then you have to use Item category group ERLA in the material master of the main material.

The item category of the Main item should be TAQ and that of the Sub-items should be TAE.

If you are not getting the above item category then check the assignment.

It should be

OR + ERLA + --- + -

= TAQ (for main item)

OR + ERLA + -

+ TAQ = TAE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravankumar,

in VOV4 pls check the following:

ORu2026u2026ERLAu2026..BLANKu2026u2026BLANKu2026u2026TAQ

ORu2026u2026NORMu2026.BLANKu2026u2026TAQu2026u2026u2026.TAE

Regards,

Abhee.

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Wht important role does the delivery grp plays?......even without maintaining the del grp as X the BOM is getting exploded.......

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Issue got solved........Thanks for ur valuable inputs...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumer,

One suggestion has already been suggested (i.e. While creating BOM in T. Code: CS01, BOM Usage must be entered as "5 - Sales and Distribution" alon with the Plant, with which BOM-Material is being created in T. Code: MM01/ 02).

Another is:

Item Category (T. Code: CS01/ 02) for BOM-Item-Materials must be entered as "L-Stock Material". (Also, check the validity - From Date & To Date)

A Suggestion

Try with Item Category as "LUMF" in Field: Item category group, under Tab: Sales: Sales org.2; in T. code: MM02.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Item category of the main item (TAQ) put the required value (A or B ) in the "Structure scope field".

Ensure that while creating BOM you have put "BOM usage" as "5".