cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behavior - Price Information by Purchasing Organisation

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have put in 2 entries in the price information table for an item A. They are:

LB POrg Amt Currency PBQty PBUoM

1 9500 15 NZD 1 Each

1 9000 10 NZD 1 Each

I then log in to SRM as a user with POrg 9000 and click on the Shop transaction and on the MDM catalog link. In the MDM catalog, when I list item A on the List View, the item is not available for adding to the shopping cart. If I click on the description of the item to bring me to the Item View, I can see the 2 pricing data and have to pick one of them by clicking on the Action button. If I click the item with Porg 9500, on the preview sceen the item will show the pricing tied to POrg 9500, i.e. $5. This is clearly wrong. I then try to delete the pricing record for POrg 9000, MDM will open up the item on the List View screen and will take the pricing that is tied to POrg 9500 even though my id is tied to POrg 9000. So to me, the system does not seem to take into consideration the POrg for price determination. It is taking the first record in the price information table.

Is this how the standard system behaves or have I missed out any settings?

One other thing is, if I go to the Context view, I can add shopping cart and the system will take the price that is tied to POrg 9500, i.e. $15. This cements my guess that the system is taking the first record in the pricing table.

The price scale (by quantity) works so far but it's with the POrg that it is not working.

Appreciate if someone can provide some insights to this.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP confirmed that it is not possible with SRM-MDM whereby the codes are hard-coded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM-MDM Catalog does not filter automatically any information for you. Instead, you would need to use named searches. The disadvantage is that you would need to have one web service (catalog) configuration by POrg in SRM and then assign the name of the catalog in your structure. In that way, only the prices for the POrg of the named search configured would be visible for the user.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandra,

Thanks for taking the time to reply me. Really appreciate that as I really want to nail this down. I did thought of the named searches and have done a test while waiting for a reply to this thread. However, the results did not quite turn out as I thought.

Here is the list of behaviour I observed/tested:

1. I created 2 prices for an item

Lower Bound InfoRecord POrg Amount ...

1 A 10.96

1 B 11

2. I then created a named search to only select item with POrg 'A'. I did this by selecting the search parameter 'Price Information' in the Data Manager and picking the record with POrg 'A' and the correct item is displayed. I then choose the item and add to the named search created.

3. I am testing with 1 item under POrg 'A' so that I can be sure that the named search works.

4. I then logged in as a user assigned to this named search and can see this item appearing. However, on the List View, the item is not selectable and the quantity cannot be altered. I have to either go to the Context View or Item View to add this item to card.

5. On the List View screen, the system is showing $11.

6. If I go to the Context View, the system is showing $11.

7. However, if I go to the Item View, the Price Information is showing both prices for selection. If I select the price with POrg 'B', it would still pick the price with POrg 'A', i.e. $11. So, it doesn't matter which one I choose. It will always use the price that is shown on the List and Context View.

In summary, the behaviour with the use of named searches is no difference without one (as per what I originally reported). I do not know what criteria the system is using to pick the price in the first place. It's been quite inconsistent.

Has anyone ever tried implementing price determination based on POrg before? My ultimate intention is actually to implement price determination based on Plant. I did test with a plant (by adding a plant field to the price table) and ended up with similar results so have reverted to the standard set up first to ensure that it works before proceeding further.

Appreciate if someone can share their experience if they have managed to do a price determination/variation based on POrg or Plant.

Thanks!

SF