cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with the issue of craeting Billing for free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Now I met with a question for free goods, generally, it's not need to create billing for free goods. But I had used COPA and the profitable document is generated while creating billing. So my question is that how to create billing for free goods. Please give me some suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

The following steps you can do for the Free Goods(samples).

1.Define new pricing procedure for Free goods through copying the existing procedure.T.Code V/08

2.If you don't want taxes remove the Sales tax related condition types.T.CodeV/08

3.Add R100 -100% Discount Condition type to make total value as "Zero" place R100 condition type after the total value.T.CodeV/08

4.Define new sales document type and billing type for the Free Goods process.T.codes VOV8 & VOFA

5.Assign document pricing procedure as C-Free goods for those sales document tyep and billing type.

T.codes VOV8 & VOFA

6.Define account key seperately for Free Goods and assign that account key to the pricing condition tyep and R100 condition type.

7.Determine the Free goods pricing procedure with the combination of sales areaDocument pricing procedure(i.e C-Free Goods)Customer pricing procedure.T.code OVKK

8.Do the G/L account assignment for that new account key(Single G/L account for price and R100-100% discount).T.Code VKOA

9.Maintain condition record for the R100 condition type as 100% with sales document type as one of the key combination.T.code VK11

Now when you create Free Goods order system will pick the Free goods pricing procedure(Value with zero)with refernce to that order you can create delivery then do the free goods billing ,and release to accounting with two postings one is credit-price second one is debit-100% dicount.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Dec 8, 2008 10:11 AM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi robert

If you are using COPA and profitable segment then in VTFL check for the item category TAN relevant for free goods.So the value of the free goods will be flowing into the main item.So when you release the billing document you can see the COPA and check how much amount has been passed on i.e., the free goods amount

Make sure you are maintaining R100% condition type in your pricing procedure

Regards

Srinath