cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote client copy with Customization data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to do Remote Client copy, What are the selections do I need to maintain in target client in T.code SCC4 , to get user master records as well as Customization data from the source client.

Please suggest me.

Regards

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you select the scc9 t. code it is a client copy in RFC.

in which give you want to target client.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Transaction SCC4 is to define the client in the target system. There is no setting in this transaction to specify that you want to copy, only what role you want this client to have in the target system. After you defined your client in SCC4, you need to log on to this newly defined client. You are now going to pull your user masters from the source system.

The way to do it is to use transaction SCC9 in the target system in the new client you just defined. The steps are:

a. Log on to the new client and call transaction SCC9

b. Select the profile "SAP_USER" from the drop down list to copy users and authorization profiles

c. The field that says "Source Destination" actually means "What RFC you want to use that points to the source system/client you want to copy from". This is a view into transaction SM59. You can either use an existing RFC that already connects to your source system/client, or you can define a new RFC in transaction SM59. Select the RFC that points to your source system and client. Once selected, it will automatically populate the source system name and source client number

You can now execute your transaction. You may have to specify the password for the RFC into the source system.

Regards

John Visser

[SAP Basis|http://www.csignalbasis.com|SAP Basis]