cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFrame to bw portal stuck on loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an IFrame in my wd application that reference a report on a bw portal.

My problem is that this report doesn't get loaded.

The Iframe seems to be stuck on loading .

If I open the same url from IE outside the application it opens up .

Inside the application it seems like The Iframe is getting refreshed every second

and because of that it cant finish the loading process ( the loading starts from beginning every second).

I also tried to make a url iview in the portal that refers this link ,

from the portal I can preview this iview fine,

when viewing this iview from the application it gets stuck again on loading.

For any of your suggestions I will be thankful

Nitsan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The IFrame UI element should not be used to integrate applications. For integrating a BW report have a look at the BIApplicationFrame UI element.

Armin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the first point i am not sure whether it can be done or not some research is required.

for the second point in your WD application let say you have 1 button to call the BW report.

By using WDPortal navigation Api the Navigation Will go to the BW report Iview specified in the Path .And user will see the Requested BW report in Portal, instead of in the IFrame.

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

Thanks for your reply.

two questions :

1. the report is distributed on a different portal then my application portal , can I still use this WDPortalNavigation?

2. What can I do with this WDPortalNavigation, to what gui component do I connect it ?

Thanks

Nitsan

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternatively as a workaround from your WD application you can call the BW report Iview and Also pass some parameters if you want, using WDPortalNavigation Api's.

Let's for example

String iviewPathStr = "ROLES://portal_content/<ReportIview>";

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(iviewPathStr, WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS, someUrlPara);

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin

Thank u for answering me.

But we are using BI Web Applications for Java with Netweaver 7.0.

As per note 1098009:

The BIApplicationFrame for Web Dynpro ABAP does not support BI Web Applications for Java with Netweaver 7.0.

Is there any other component , or any other way to access the report?

Thanks

Nitsan