cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install a new Central System and I am getting this error while running the install with SAPinst.

INFO 2008-12-06 10:40:33

Execute step createProfiles of component ]NW_Onehost]ind]ind]ind]ind]0]0]NW_Onehost_System]ind]ind]ind]ind]1]0]NW_CI_Instance]ind]in

INFO 2008-12-06 10:40:40

Creating SAP instance profiles for HLP/DVEBMGS03...

INFO 2008-12-06 10:40:43

Copied file 'Z:/usr/sap/HLP/SYS/profile/HLP_DVEBMGS03_DSAPHA' to 'Z:/usr/sap/HLP/SYS/profile/HLP_DVEBMGS03_DSAPHA.1'.

ERROR 2008-12-06 10:40:43

FCO-00011 The step createProfiles with step key ]NW_Onehost]ind]ind]ind]ind]0]0]NW_Onehost_System]ind]ind]ind]ind]1]0]NW_CI_Instanc

The error occurs at phase 17 which is the Install central instance.

This is the second error that has occured and I was able to get past the first one, but this one seems very similar to the first. I have noticed that when all of the profiles for the new system are bring created, the owner is DLPOFR which is the administrator user that I use for the Development System that is currently installed on this same partition. I cannot find any reason as to why these profiles are being created with this user as the owner. Any suggestions??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

What version are you installing?

When you connect from your windows install machine with the sapinst program to the TMKSVR jobs, it asks for a connection user. That i5/OS user profile will be the owner of the profile files.

See chapter on "Preparing a Windows user account and System i user profile" in the installation guide.

Note that the passwords must be the same, and the i5/OS profile has to be created as *SECOFR class.

regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing an ECC 6.0 Central System. I was able to finish the install and the system is now up and running. But the problem was never really figured out.

I followed the install guide and setup the Windows and iSeries user with the same password just like it said. I am sure it is something small that I am overlooking. I figured out that if I just changed the owner of the profiles and retried then it would work, not really the most ideal way to do it, but it works and maybe next time I will not have this problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

hmmm... Have you patched SAPinst ? Have you all raccomanded PTFs installed ?

Regards.