cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include the new fields added in R/3 into ESS application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have used Standred ESS application.After Importing the ESS application via bapi(Import the model),they have added some more additional fields in R/3 Backend. How to call those customized fields in our ESS application?

Please help me on this..

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stars,

you need to import the model which calls the bapi

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi balam,

If I Import the model,will it affect the previous mapping of my ESS application.

Thanks&Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Importing a new Model will not impact the previous mappings of the application ...refer to the following thread for more info...

Regards,

Shikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one provide me with steps to be carried for adding the new fields from R/3 in ESS application.

Thanks&Regards,

stars

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no specific document/book for the steps i told you....but i can list them as:

1) Goto the Models component in the Webdynpro ...right click -> create new model.

2) Specify the name of the Model as you like ....the RFC destinations...next.

3) Specify the userid and password with RFC authorization in ECC

4) Specify the name of the Function Module you want to import....and Import.

5) Goto the Fc component -> Used Models section and add the model created earlier here..

6) Goto the Fc Component -> Context Tab -> create new model nodes and attributes ...and bind them to Structure fields of the Function Module...

7) Goto the Fc Component -> Interface Controller -> create nodes and attributes ...and bind them to the attributes created earlier

😎 Goto the Vc Component-> Context Tab -> create new context nodes and attributes....and bind them to the attributes in the Interface controller....make sure the Fc componentis added as a Used component in Vc.

9)Finally create UI Elements on the Detail or Review view and bind the text property of the element to the attributes created in the Vc component.

Hope it helps.

Shikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shikhil,

I got a document from sdn wiki

Link:https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/profile/essPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification

In this document they didnt mention any model import but they specified a BADI implementation.

Is there any need to do import or shall I proceed the above document steps only.

Thanks&Regards,

stars