Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI: Doubt In Alert Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring alert in SAP PI 7.1 using this blog:

When I am trying to save the alert, it is asking for Request and Short Description to be filled.

What should be the value for Request and Short Descriptions fields? Do they have some specific value?

Please provide pointers on how to solve this.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Alerts will be saved as customing request which can be transported across the landspace.

When I am trying to save the alert, it is asking for Request and Short Description to be filled.

What should be the value for Request and Short Descriptions fields? Do they have some specific value?

You have to create a new request and have to give any description. Sytsem will automatically assign a request number which can be later on relased and transported to QA and PRD.

Do they have some specific value? --> no specific values are required.

cheers

Sunil.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may add any value there. Its just tha once you provide any arbitary description, then at the time of transport, you may come to know that which request number belongs to what kind of object creation.

Regards,

Prateek

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Create new request and provide some description about alert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is called the transport request as STMS is already configured in your system. The alerts cannot be save as local objects and has to be transported once this is done. If you are testing/ learning its ok, go ahead and create the transport request. Go to transaction SE09 & you can delete the object from the transport request and also the transport request.

regards

Unni