cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto delivery creation without settings!!

tariq_aziz
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SD wizards,

At my place the sales order - delivery settings are NOT for automatic delivery creation. However, in

some cases, the delivery is getting created automatically in the background and can bee senn in the doc flow.

Have done some introspection in these 'some' cases and found that they pertain to a few of our sales ofifces / storage locations and probably with some of our users not ALL the users.

Would there be any settings for auto delivery creation based on storage locations / user access?

Do advise how to go about resolving this unnecessary 'deliveries'!

Thanks and regards,

Tariq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi tarig Aziz

In VOV8 , in the shipping tab , make sure that you have checked Immediate Delivery [X].So that once you save the sales order the delivery number will be generated automatically.

Regards

Srinath

tariq_aziz
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srinath,

Regret to say you have not read my request properly, or maybe I wasn't clear in putting it across. Allow me to repeat:

I DON'T want automatic / immediate delivery creation and the settings too are in line with that. However, for some IDs, some sales office & storage locations "immediate delivery' HAPPENS..!!!. Now that is the trouble.

When the setitngs are NOT there how does immediate delivery happen? Is there anything on the sales office / storage location / user Id settings?

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tariq

Through standards, you cannot have such controls. It might be due to some user exit applied to sale orders. You have to check.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi tariq aziz

There wont be any standard settings on the sales office / storage location / user Id.Just check wheather any user exit has been modified with these inputs ( sales office / storage location / user Id) or any enchantment has been done

Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tariq

If I am correct, may be the order type for such automatic deliveries is different. If so, go to VOV8, select the order type and execute. There you can see a field "Create delivery" for which, if you select the box, as and when you create sale order, delivery will be created automatically. Check whether the box is ticked.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

tariq_aziz
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the response but thats not the case. I had earlier checked the order settings and not found the "create delivery immediately" settings for the said order. However, on your advise I again went in there to find the 'tick' you said but I don't find any 'checkbox' to enter a tick, but the same drop down in the section 'Shipping' box named "Imediate delivery". the entry is blank in there, thereby signifying no automatic delivery is configured.

Moreover, Do recall my initial point that it is for SOME of the cases only for which this is happening, doc type is common for all. What I have found is the storage location / sales office / userid as the main differentiating factors, till now.

Any pointers anybody...??

Regards,