cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used Dc dependency from one Track to another Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you give me some solution for my scenario.

1) I have imported two tracks Track1 and Track2 from the server and created project locally from Inactive DCs.

2) I have already existing DC1 from SC1->Track1 and also i have another track Track2-->SC2. In SC2 i have created new dc DC2.DC2 is still in both Inactive DCs only.

3) I need to use DC1 as used dc in DC2.

4) when i tried to do Used Dc from DC2, i cannot able to see Track1 SCs and DCs, only Track 2 is visible.

Can you please provide some steps or documents for me to proceed further, it will be very helpful for me.

Can you tell how can add Public Part and Used DC.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I think you should do the following:

Define build time dependency of SC2 from SC1 in SLD.

Update CMS to bring SLD change.

Add SC1 to Requirement components in SC2 track.

Save-Restore SC2.

Check-in and import SC1 into CMS.

In NWDS sync projects from DTR.

DCs from SC1 should be available for SC2 to reference.

Regargs,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Slava,

Thanks for your quick response.

Now i dont have rights to access SLD and CMS. Once i got rights, i will do and get back to you.

Please post any document or links related to this.

Regards,

Suresh T

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might also be a good idea to merge the tracks. Why do you have two separate tracks anyway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

This is my requirement, already file server integration DCs existing in Track 1 and i dont have rights to create any DC in track1. So i have created DC in other development Track 2 and need to use Track 1 DC into Track 2

Regards,

Suresh T

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get this working you'll need to do the following after following Slava's steps: Set up a transport connection (in CMS Landscape Configurator) from Track 1 to Track 2, so that SC1 becomes available in Track 2. You can import SC1 into Track 2 after it has been Approved in Track 1.

Note that the following step that Slava mentioned should not be done manually: "Add SC1 to Requirement components in SC2 track." After the Update CMS procedure, you should click the Synchronize SC Dependencies button in Track 2. This should automatically add SC1 to the Required Components table.