cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg : Jco destinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all ,

We have created a LOCAL SLD on which the GRC RAR 5.3 has been installed on a separate server and we are trying to connect to the backend SAP Systems.There is no SLD configured in our existing SAP Landscape. We have installed a standalone Gateway server to connect to the backend SAP systems. We have not applied the RTAs on the backend systems as we are uisng only RAR component and we feel it does not require real time interface.

When we are maintaining JCO Destinations, the system is asking to provide the message server name through a drop down and nothing is appearing. Because of which we are unable to maintain JCO Connection.

Can somebody please help us how to establish connection to the backend systems without RTAs?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ambarish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

Step 1. you need to configure SLD on GRC server.

Step 2. you need to run RZ70 in the back end system where you want to maintain connection. There you need to give gatway details which are maintained in GRC SLD.Execute to push the data.

Step 3. Check the backend system in SLD - Goto http://<host>:<port>/sld

goto Technical systems

select backend type and search. Backend system should be there now.

Now you will be able to see message server name in Jco connection settings.

Though you will be able to maintain Jco destinations in GRC, but functionality of CC will not be available without RTAs. So if you want ot use CC, then RTA installation is neccessary.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

Is RTA necessary for RAR 5.3. If we are not planning to do real time SoD analysis then we believe RTA's are not required? Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

If you say the functionality of CC doesnot work means, we can't generate SoD rules for the users/roles from back end systems on real time basis?

Because we are planning to establish connection through gateway without RTAs and run SoD analysis whenever its required. We have installed only RAR 5.3 component and no other components of GRC are being used

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, RTA is required even if you want to use RAR 5.3 only.

"Risk Analysis and Remediation supports real time compliance to detect, remove, and prevent access

and authorization risk by preventing security and control violations before they occur." - it is the functionality of RAR 5.3 and for this you need RTA.

Data access through Gateway will push only SLD specific data.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sabitha,

I want to connect GRC 5.3 to the ECC,SCM,SRM,BI and MDM modules of SAP.i want to know the RTA'S available to connect ECC6.0,SCM,SRM,BI and MDM.can i have procedure to connect to these systems.can u please share me the notes available on this.

Thank you,

Joseph

Answers (0)