cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

mine is a File to JDBC adapter scenerio.

I am getting an error as

Transmitting the message to endpoint http://xxxxxx.yyyyy.com:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.net.UnknownHostException: xxxxxx.yyyyy.com.

Can you tell me where do i need to make changes to correct this!

Regards,

Arnab!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your XI host Name in SMICM is correct xxxxxx.yyyyy.com.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I went to SMICM - GOTO - HOSTNAME BUFFER - DISPLAY: I see that it comtains a table lile structure, starting from index 0 to 4. Here I see a discrepency, the host name against my ip address is not matching in the first ROW, but the 4th row host name is matching.correct xxxxxx.yyyyy.com.

I wish 2 know , dis u want me to check at this point for HOST name?If yes then How do I change the firts ROW?

If no then where do i look for host Name in SMICM ? Pls tell me the path.

Moreover < i don undertsnd why there are 5 rows for ICM HOST BUFFER , and what do they signify?

Regards,

Arnab.

PS what will happen If I clik on SMICM - GOTO - HOSTNAME BUFFER - RESET?

what will ne the effect ?

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Dec 8, 2008 10:20 AM

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

File adapter is Done, the reason for this error was also because the Fully qualified host name was not maintained in the DOS mode [ Basis guy maintained it i the XI server DOS mode].

Now Its working,

Many thanks to all of you!!

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you have to Restart Server to take effect of change

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you are not authorize to change host entry, Try change using Tcode RZ10, select the instance profile and select the extended maintenance . If not able to change then contact your sytem admin or Basis team regarding this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir/ Dharamveer, I have created icm/host_name_full : XXXXXX.yyyyy.com.Sudhir,I didnt find it in RZ10 previously, I thecked thoroughly. As per your instruction I wrote the name and pressed ENTER and it didnt come , so I CREATED it.

Now what else do I need to do. I cant see any changes in SMICM- GOTO- SERVICES .

Same I don see any changes in SMICM - parameters - changes!!

Do I need to restart the system

Regards,

Arnab !

Former Member
0 Kudos

the profile parameters need the system restart to reflect the changes.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

It needs the system to be restarted to reflect the profile parameter changes.

Thanks!

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Change list look Parameter icm/host_name_full and Put host name infront of this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharamveer, I am desperate to change th value as instructed by you.

>

> In Change list look Parameter icm/host_name_full and Put host name infront of this

But the fight is when I am going to SMICM-GOTO-SERVICES, well I cannot see any changeing parameter. I can only see the SAME in display MODE. - active servises HAS 2 LOGS, http AND smtp,and I wish to change the HTTP, but again when I am trying the same in the ICM MONITOR ERVICE DISPLAY - SERVICE - CHANGE, it is only allowing me to chenge 1.log, 2.Service port,3.keep Alive, 4.Maximum processing Time USE External Program.....

I really donno what to do out heere, can you get my point?

Rwegards,

Arnab

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you select the extended mode? please check my earlier reply.

Thanks!

Edited by: Sudhir Tiwari on Dec 8, 2008 11:22 AM

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

So, Check with Admin of server for host name.

If you are authorize can create host entry using Tcode RZ10 or GoTo->Services->Parameter-Change List.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks for the lead, but

Check with Admin of server for host name, I mean where do I look for this ??

again

If you are authorized to create host entry using Tcode RZ10 - well I Do hav access, I can open the transaction, but tell me what to ???

SMICM GoTo->Services->Parameter-Change List.

well I cant get to see parameters option here!

Regards,

Arnab!

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

Goto tcode RZ10 select the instance profile and select the extended maintenance and click on Change.

Now click on Create Parameter Tab and write the profile parameter icm/host_name_full and press enter it will show you the default value if any and then put the new value and click on save and F3 and then again save.

Thanks!

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your XI host Name is written infront of HTTP Port. Else you can check your host name in fully qualified host name.

Go to transaction SMICM --> Go to (Menu) --> parameters --> Display. look accross the list of parameter, you will find icm/host_name_full .

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Your XI host Name is written infront of HTTP Port. Else you can check your host name in fully qualified host name.

> Go to transaction SMICM --> Go to (Menu) --> parameters --> Display. look accross the list of parameter, you will find icm/host_name_full .

Hi,

Your XI host Name is written infront of HTTP Port. Else you can check your host name in fully qualified host name.

Go to transaction SMICM --> Go to (Menu) --> parameters --> Display. look accross the list of parameter, you will find icm/host_name_full .

Yes, and it is not ok.But when I started to look for the same in

Go to transaction SMICM --> Go to (Menu) --> parameters --> CHANGE ,

I could not find it. !

Comments?

Regards,

Arnab.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is some problem with your hostname xxxxxx.yyyyy.com. Either it is incorrect or could not be recognized. Try using the IP directly.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Prateek,

I AM using IP address in this case in the sender FTP channel. Do u want me to put ip any where else!!

Leela, in the communication channnel, I hav used IP address.

All,

sxmb admin-integration engine configuration- url.Wht am I supposed to put up here???

I still don undertand what change I should do in SMICM

Regards,

Arnab .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Check whether the connection parameters you have specified are correct?

Regards,

Leela

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your Host Name and HTTP Port is correct using SMICM. Also check your URL entry

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check if this 8000 port is also mentioned at SMICM-Services,

exchange profile -http port and in and sxmb admin-integration engine configuration- url.

thanks.