cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of Line items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to restict the no of line items in a sales order or in a billing document.

For examp : No one will not be able to make the sales order or the billing document with more than five line items.

Eagerly waiting for your quick reply.

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Laxmi said, plesae maintain copy control data vbrk/vbrp as 006 then it i will serve your purpose.

No need of restricting sales order line items for accounting entires. U just use limiting of billing document as said by our team member. So automatically when billing is finished with 99 line items then billing split will happen and if it is more than 99 then for the rest system will create another billing document..

So this will reslove your problem...

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi/ Sankar,

Thanks to both of you for your co-operation in solving this problem.

But can you please clarify me about this idea that an invoice/billing document that contains more than 99 line items will not generate any accounting document?????

Kindly let me know.

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i said earlier, If sales order is having 150 items then when you are creating billing that time system will allow only maximum of 99 line items in billing and for the rest 60 itesm it will create another billing document. As split invoice will happen based on copy contol set up & maximum billing items config explained by Laxmi..

Still if you have any queries on the same, Plz let us know..

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your assistance. I have got my answer.

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rupam

Not in sale order but in billing you can achieve this.

Go to IMG path -- SD --> Billing -> Billing Docs -> Country specific features. There select your sales organization and maintain the maximum number of line items you want in billing.

Also in copy control VTFL, for your item category, you can see a field "data VBRK/VBRP" where you maintain routine 006

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggetion.

But still again I am asking you is there any option so that we can restrict the no of line items in the sales order?????

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rupam

You can try with User-Exits in program MV45AFZB - USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP. This user exit can be used to carry out additional checks (e.g. for completion) at item level.

Incidentally, why you want to control in sale order as I feel, is not necessary.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati,

The reason for which I am asking regarding the restriction of line items in sales order is that, I have a conception (it may be wrong, kindly correct me if I am wrong) that whenever the no of line items in a particular sales order exceeds 99 lines then the accounting document for respective billing is not getting generated.

So, if we can restrict the line items in sales order level, so that more than 99 lines will not occur there, then this problem can be rectified. What do you think???

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.