cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my current Putaway Setting on my storage type is "Manual (Blank)" and "Addition to existing stock" is allowed.

The capacity check for the storage type is "Not Activated" .

If I have the same material in 4 bins. In which order bins will be picked.

Please explain. This becomes a crucial step in my design. Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should define the storage type indicator for your own without any putaway strategy (Blank), then assign the indicator to the material master data's view WM 1, as thus, when you do the stock transfer for the material, system will firstly take the storage bin of specific storage type. BTW, because there isn't the capacity check for the storage type, but "Addition to stock" is active, system will always use the first storage bin to store the stock quantity. From my point of view, suggest you to activate the capacity check in the storage type! It will make your strategy better!

Good day

Tao

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are keeping putaway strategy as "Manaul" then you will have right to select the bins & storage type in which you can place the material manually.I believe system will not select bins automatically. This scenario you need to check. At the same time I believe you have to activate capacity check because there will be situation system will take bin for placement but physically there will be not any space in bin.

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have no strategy the materialswill be picked alpha numeric so st type 001 before 002 and nin 01before 02

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Check out the below link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f844764afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm].

I hope this will provide the answer for your query.

Revert if you need more clarifications.

Regards,