Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i stop user to get the same screen while entering same T code

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

how can i stop user to get the same screen while entering same T code (_Means i want user enter same t code but got different different screen how it is possible.)_

i want to know how can we set a authorization is such a manner ...

Through different different login id user got different different screen while entering same T-code.

for example if there is two functional login id mum & noida...

then user login through that and

enter any same functional tcode (for getting purchase order)

but get different different window...so how come it is possible.....

plz explain in brief

thanks in advance...plz do reply as soon as possible

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible through authorization but by a functionlity called as Transaction variant or screen variants.

Functional consultants can create screen variants or transaction variant through transaction SHD0.

The variant is then activated for the user id and whenever the user logs in using this tcode the varaint screen is displayed.

Edited by: Subramaniam Iyer on Dec 6, 2008 6:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a custom transaction this is easy, you need to ask your developers to be able to direct users to different screens based on the results of an authorisation check. You could have an auth field e.g. ZSCREEN which is checked in the program & decides what screen the user has access to.

For standard transactions, unless already coded, I would forget it & do what is recommended by Subramaniam and create transaction variants as required. Assign each variant to a custom t-code and users access it that way.

What I am interested is is why do you want to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Total Questions: 38 (34 unresolved) wrote:

>> thanks in advance...plz do reply as soon as possible

>

Based on your unresolved questions and how you closed the 4 which are resolved (to be able to open this one...) I would say that you are in no hurry to go anywhere except pulling up your socks and cleaning up the mess you have left behind properly!!

Thread locked until you have cleaned up properly.