cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address changed and unable to connect to the java services?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

we had installed PI 7.1 and everything is working perfectly fine. we have moved the system to the data center from our network. The server has been assigned a new IP address. All instances (ABAP+JAVA) have come up and i was able to login the ABAP stack.

But when i try to open http://hostname:50000/dir is not working and when i check in SMICM trace i am getting the error as conect to host:50000 failed check the host configuration .

I have also mapped the IP address to the host name in the host file but it did not help.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Edited by: srinivas kapu on Dec 5, 2008 5:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your fully qualified host name. Use Hostname instead of IP address.also check your Port entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your RFC and exchange profiles if you are using IP address instead of Hostname.

Moreover always use FQDN(Fully qualified domain name) Check SAP note for this naming issue.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am unable to connect to any java services like IR, ID, NWA etc with neither IP or FQDN. We did not had any issues previously with the FQDN and only change is now the IP address is changed.

Thanks,

Srini