cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need start up for MI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new to SAP Mobile and need to develop a POC of a running application.

Presently we have few Java Webdynprop application and few .Net based application which we are planning to mobilize. Current infrastructure include WebAS 7.0 environment with NWDI and test server for CE 7.1 EhP1. We don't have ABAP stack among those servers. We have good expertise w/ Java webdynpro and web services.

I went through various documents and SDN and I believe that 'always-connected' type best suits my requirement. Also tried downloading SAP NW Mobile 7.1 SP3 from SDN (40mb) but the installation couldn't be proceeded as I didn't have a PDA handy (was trying on emulators). It didn't let me proceed installation (Full install) until I connect the PDA..it couldn't understand the emulator. Also is this installation for 'occasionally connected' or for both?

Can somebody please let me know what exactly is need to have a working POC (even w/ emulator).

Thanks a lot!

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

First of all you need tested infrastructure for Mobile 7.1 (including ABAP Atack), refer following documents:

1. Configuration of SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1, Release SPS 01

2. Installation Guide for SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 as per database (MS SQL Server) and Operating System

3. Master Guide - SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1

4. Media List - SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1

5. help.sap.com

Extra softwareu2019s used for creation of Mobile Application UI & configuration of Laptop Client

o NWDS

o MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386

o jdk-1_5_0_15-windows-i586-p.exe

o Mobile Client (NWMCLIENTSETUP05P_1-10004844.ZIP)

There is no separate PDA emulator you'll get the PDA emulator once the installation will be done as per configuration guide mentioned above. Refer media list to download zip files from service market place.

Hope above info will be useful to you.

Romi Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the SDN's preview edition does not require ABAP stack as DOE is simulated by some other component?

Also,

I'm looking for mobile webdynpro which is always connected type of application...

All above leads to occasionally connected applications...

is there any starter for always connected apps?

Abhijeet

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhjeet,

The WD Java application should work seamlessly on your PDA if you enter the WD application URL on your PDA provided you have used controls supported as mentioned in this [documentation|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/949f8421-0a01-0010-59ad-f961a4834c13].

You can check Stefan's document [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e7cc3b73-0901-0010-8895-c218dd4b0cf0] which gives a detailed information on the technical facts.

Chintan

Answers (0)