Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approach for Internationalization in Webdynpro

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to implement Internationalization in my webdynpro project. But presently we have planning for only 5 languages intially. After that it may need to increase the language setup more than 5 countries.

But the stratagies is like. This internatioalization and globalization should be configurable like. If we planned to implement for one more language. I should not change my code or rebuild the application.so, it should be implemented like this.

In our project we have 5 processes. For Each process we are maintaing as sepearte .SCA file. We need to crate some frame work . It should take care of all the process of internationalization. To this first i needto decide upon approach i need to do it.

I have identified 3ways.

1) .properties file each lang

2) SAP Approach(.xls files)

3) Maintaining the all the labels at the backend and pull it through BAPI.

Can any body give some kind of idea how to implement this. Which is the better approach

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check this link

Hope this link is helpful for you

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-tec...

Regards

Ruturaj

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if you would like to support 5 languages for the WebDynpro application developed, then using the .xlf approach, you should copy-paste-rename-edit nearly 5 languages multiplied by 6 (.xlf files for the WebDynpro application), which would result in 30 changes

for more details

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70361a88-d6ce-2a10-b1bc-c357097a...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c6cfad90-0201-0010-a5b8-8f948634...

Thanks

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Thanks for your reply.

Even though intially i am going for the rollout for the five countries only , it requires only for 5 languages. After that if want to implment for 5 more languages. I dont want to modify some thing in the build and deploy. I am looking for the solution like configure some kind of the back end table or proties file should take care of the new languages.

Even if go approach with the properties file . This properties file should not be as part of the application. If it is a part of the application. I need to make the changes and build the application and deploy.

So, Please let me know, how to maintain the Internationalization with out making deployment again and again by adding one more language ,like it should be as configurable like either by using some properties file or back end table.

Can u please suggest whici is the better approach.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Probably your best approach is to build up your GUI from data in the backend. Getting your texts from there too. You could also go for a static GUI just loading you labels from the backend, all other options would require reloading Models or changing xlf files. Multiple property files wouldn't be necessary, but would you like to change those files on all the servers you deployed your app to? There is no transport system for property files.

I like the idea of being able to change texts in the backend, using the transportsystem and not needing a developer to do these changes.

J