cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we skip MDM Enrichment Adapter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to understand the enrichment Architecture better. From the Help, I understood that we can do enrichment with a 3rd party also, without using Enrichment Adapter. So, I have the following questions.

1.Whats the difference between Enrichment Adapter & MDM Import Manager?.

2. Can we by pass the Enrichment Adapter?.

3. What are the unique advantages using Enrichment Adapter?.

4. What is the best practice(in terms of architecture) ,for a high volume data, to integrate 3rd party service for enriching?.

5. Whats difference when using Enrichment Adapter and when using direct web service invokation?

Thanks. I appreciate if somebody can help.

Raj Peddisetty.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

1. MDM Enrichment Process is a fully automated process in which records are syndicated from MDM, enriched by 3rd party, and imported back to MDM via Import Server. MDM Import manager is an interactive tool for importing data into MDM, as well as for building import maps.

3. Advantages of using Enrichment Adapter:

Enrichment Architecture provides Out-of-the-box solution for master data 3rd party enrichment. No need to setup the process with PI, or with custom made application. The Enrichment Component is released with SAP standard PIL (including QA, version tracking, and more), in contrary to custom application.

The Enrichment Architecture enables process Monitoring by leveraging usage of enrichment statues field in MDM main table.

The Enrichment Architecture interacts with MDM and saves the customer building MDM API program.

Enrichment Adapter development is very simple, straight forward. Multiple adapters for Data Quality services are already provided by SAP partners, and by SAP Business Objects.

4. Enrichment Architecture is built for on-going data maintenance and not for ETL scenarios which involves high data volumes.

5. When you use direct web service invocation you should wrap it within a custom solution for updating MDM records. Enrichment framework saves that effort.

Regards

Orit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Orit,

Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it. I got the information, what I am exactly looking for.

1. Do you know in Huge Data Volume scenarios (millions of records), using PI is effective or not?.

2. Do you think Web Services han handle millions of records?.

3. Which protocol is better to use of Web Service or FTP?. I mean how should the 3rd Party send Data to Enrichment Adapter?.

Thank you,

Raj Peddisetty.