cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS - Diamond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to create a select options without the diamond that comes before the field ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge!

Parameter I_NO_COMPLEX_RESTRICTIONS of method add_selection_field (implementing class CL_WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS) must be used to hide the diamond you are talking about.

I found it indeed interesting when I started looking into it. Simply passing 'X' to the above mentioned parameter doesnt work.

Why? Have a look at class CL_WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS, method add_selection_field.

Internal tables mt_added_fields and mt_fields are populated from the importing parameters, where the paramter I_NO_COMPLEX_RESTRICTIONS is not used!

I tried out two things to make sure it works:

1) Method RENDER_SELECTION_SCREEN_ITEM of the same class is used to render the UI. Put a break-point at "if i_field-m_no_complex_restrictions = abap_true." (line no 289).

Change the value of i_field-m_no_complex_restrictions to 'X' in debug mode. This hides the diamond on screen

2) Since it worked in debug mode, next I tried enhancing the SAP standard method add_selection_field, wheere the value must actually be set.

Implement the End of Class implicit enhancement option and add the following lines of code. It works

added_field-m_no_complex_restrictions = i_no_complex_restrictions.
modify table mt_added_fields from added_field transporting m_no_complex_restrictions.
modify table mt_fields from added_field transporting m_no_complex_restrictions.

I guess we should take this up with SAP. They might have fixed this in the newer SPs.

Thanks.

Chitrali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chitrali. It works indeed.

Thanks a lot

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge!

Refer SAP note 1139972. You need to apply this SAP note to use the importing parameter I_NO_COMPLEX_RESTRICTIONS (I enhaced the SAP object just to be sure it works!).

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1139972

Thanks.

Chitrali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

Since Diamond represents the OPT column in the select option in the range table .

So i think it is not poosible to remove Diamond sign from select option .

Regards

Vivek