cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Would some body help me on Letter of credit... how it will be detemine? is there any help with screen shots

please

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Letter of credit is used in exports scenario. It is covered in credit/risk management in SAP and comes under documentary payments

As doing business is very risky and hence, exporters in the initial stage, will insist the buyer in overseas country to give guarantee in the form of some written document.

One among them is Letter of Credit. This Letter of Credit is issued by buyers' bank in their country giving confirmation that they will release payment to exporters' bank, if the conditions are adhered to as per the agreement.

In SAP, we have to create this L/C in VX11N. After giving all the required datas when you save the document, system will generate a reference at the bottom screen. You have to assign this reference in sale order in header level billing tab where you can see a field Financial doc. no

Regds

MM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj

I have reported this thread as ABUSE to Moderators_ as it's against the normal practise/ procedure when an answer posted was copy & paste from others.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Edited by: Huey Chin Liew on Dec 9, 2008 1:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for reporting this. We will take a closer look into it.

@ Everyone: Please take note that plagarism, copy&pasting and generally breaking any of the forum rules will have consequences. If you ignore the warnings and the rules, then your user IDs will be deleted and you will be banned from SDN. This also applies to all ID's if you are using multiple accounts, and possibly those of your other colleagues as well.

Worst-comes-worse, your boss's SAP account is deleted as well. Then you will have some real questions to answer.

Please respect the rules and each other,

Julius

hueychin_liew
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To All,

Please at any time you may report to us if you find anyone has violate the rule or against the normal practise posting the forum (i.e copy & paste answer). This is absolutely fine & let us follow-up on the cases and decide for the next move (i.e points adjustment & etc) as we strongly don't encourage any of the posting/ comments from anyone which will cause tensions rising.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Huey Chin

SD Moderator

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

A good initiative by the moderators. It will definitely improve the quality of the forum. Let's see if they really keep an eye on the happenings in this forum.

Members should present the solution in their own way and not copy-pasting other's replies. There is no use of keeping more copies of the same reference book on our desk, instead different reference books on the same subject will always be useful. Because different authors explain the same thing in different ways, in their own style.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Following are the SAP Help files on to Letter of Credit:

[Documentary Payment|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/93/744947546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm]

[Letter of Credit|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gts71/helpdata/en/29/201242b40dca7ee10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

T. Code: VX11N - Create LOC by using Financial Document

The Financial Document created can be assingned in Sales Order either at the header level or at the item level. (Billing Tab -> Financ.Doc. No.) i.e VBKD>LCNUM.

T. Code : VXA2 - Monitoring the financial documents.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Following thread may be of your interest and helpful:

[Letter of Credit|]

[LOC|]

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread [Letter of Credit|]

Regards,