cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Java Installation using port 443 for HTTPS Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Hopefully you have time for one of my small questions. I have just completed an install and configuration of a BI Java install and I'm attempting to have the stand alone Java stack answer HTTPS requests of port 443. We are a Solaris shop and in an ABAP situation we set the icm parameter to have an external bind for ports lower than 1024. However, I cannot appear to find a similar setting for the Java stack to flag it for external bind. I can use the Visual Admin and set it to be any port above 1024 and the setting takes (I can access the page via the port and see the host listening via netstat). I have verified that saproot.sh has been run and that all the permissions are properly set (icmbnd, etc...). I have also ensured that the proper sapcryptolib is in place in the kernel. Are you guys aware of a setting or something that I have missed that might need to set to allow the Java stack to utilized ports lower than 1024?

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So judging by the link it appears there is not way short of using the web dispatcher to run Java on a port lower than 1024 on a unix platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go through

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f1/2de3be0382df45a398d3f9fb86a36a/content.htm

-Gokul

Edited by: Gokul Chitode on Dec 6, 2008 1:21 PM