cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Documents from Knowledge Warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

once a document is uploaded to Solution Manager (e.g. in Business Blueprint SOLAR01) it seems to be stored in Knowledge Warehouse.

When you delete the document from all nodes in SOLAR01 it still remains in the knowledge warehouse.

I can see all documents from a project in transaction SIIALL of the knowledge warehouse, but for some reason I can neiteher change the attributes, nor delete a document in this transaction.

Same for the Knowledge Workbench where I can see all documents, but cannot change attributes or delete documents.

Anyone got an idea? I've got SPA_ALL and the KW-Administrator role assigned ...

working on SOLMAN 7.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

I have the same problem

You can use the following report

Go to se38 and enter

SOLMAN_UNUSED_DOCUMENTS

Press the execute button enter the userID of the concerned person.This is the only way I have found out.

Also whenver you delete a document delete it from the delete button not using the -(minus) button from Solar01 or solar02

Pls assign pts and close the thread.

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Dec 9, 2008 3:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prakhar,

thanks a lot for the report, but that still doesn't look like a sufficient solution to me.

There has to be, or at least should be something better.

I will keep the question open, maybe someone has an even better solution.

Thanks you very much

Markus

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

as far as I know there are two possibilities in SOLAR0x transactions to remove documents: The "-"-button eleminates documents from the node in SOLAR0x, the "trashbin"-button completely from the KW. May be the second (trashbin-) deletion will not work if there are other usages of that document in other tabs or nodes in other projects.

Transaction SI80 allows you also complete control of your content. Select the document you want to delete and use the menue entry Info-Object -> delete.

Another possibility is to use the Frontend tool Knowledge Workbench (under Start -> Programs -> SAP Frontend -> SAP Knowledge Warehouse -> Knowledge Workbench). After processing some initilization steps you should have complete control of your KW content from this Windows program.

Best regards, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

the documents I am talking about were uploaded by users, got deleted using the "-" button in the SOLAR01/02 transactions.

Now I want to clean up the system by using SI80 and/or Knowledge Workbench exactly in the way you described. Although I assigned all of the neccesary rights to my user, the delete option is greyed out in both.

That exactly is my problem, what do I need to do to be able to delete in SI80 or Knowledge Warehouse?

I can see the entry, but I cannot select / use it.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Markus

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

that sounds really strange. SAP_ALL and greyed out functionalities ...? If you call SI80 do have to create the map for your project in the "Favorites" section and to do a doubleclick on it. After that you will get a list of all info objects for that map (please excuse if I write something which is absolutely clear, but I want to reassure that the basis we are talking about is the same 8-) ).

After doing that you should have full access to the objects. I made a ST01 authorization trace and found that I need mainly S_IWB authorization object with ACTV='02' and S_IWB_ADM with IWB_FCTN=FOLDER_ADMIN. For the deletion process itself ACTV='06' may be also neccessary. But they should be available in SAP_ALL. Did you do an authorization trace during startup of SI80 to exclude authorization problems?

Best regards, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Yes, we are on the same page. The folder in my favorites is the project folder. And yes, I can see all of the documents, the ones I want to keep and the ones that I want to get rid of.

I haven't done the authorisation trace yet, but I do have SAP_ALL and all of the S_IWB_* roles.

I cannot access my Solution Manager system right now, so I will check it tomorrow. I am not owner of the folder, it seems that the person responsible for the project is owner (from SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN). I will crosscheck with his user to see if he would be able to delete from SI80.

Thanks a lot for the hint, will keep you (and SDN) in the loop once I've tried.

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar, hi Alexander,

I used the trace function ST01 but everything is green, all roles are displayed and I couldn't get any hint what the root cause of my problem is.

I was able to delete the unsused documents with the report given by Prakhar, so the problem itself is solved.

However I will open a ticket and a new thread for the SI80 problem.

Thanks a lot to both of you

Markus

Answers (0)