cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when calling a BAPI that only has tables for passing parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having issues when I make an RFC call to get information using BAPI's that only have tables for passing in values and no individual import parameters. A good example is BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST, you pass the select options as a table, but when it returns the response, I only get a bunch of blank XML nodes for each table that should have come back with values. I have tried the exact same call in SE37 in the system and have no problems, so this is confusing. It is happening on all BAPI's that work this way. Any helps is appreciated! It seems like it is just ignoring my import values and using defaults or something.

Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The MATNRSELECTION and MATERIALSHORTDESCSEL tables will default to the following if the BAPI doesnu2019t find any values. This might be why you get back nothing from your request.

<MATERIALSHORTDESCSEL>
        <item>
          <SIGN>E</SIGN>
          <OPTION>CP</OPTION>
          <DESCR_LOW>*</DESCR_LOW>
          <DESCR_HIGH/>
        </item>
      </MATERIALSHORTDESCSEL>
      <MATNRSELECTION>
        <item>
          <SIGN>E</SIGN>
          <OPTION>CP</OPTION>
          <MATNR_LOW>*</MATNR_LOW>
          <MATNR_HIGH/>
        </item>
      </MATNRSELECTION>

If you are creating the input xml as part of a lookup call, then the format will need to look something like the following:

<MATNRSELECTION>
        <item>
          <SIGN>I</SIGN>
          <OPTION>EQ</OPTION>
          <MATNR_LOW>AXXXXX</MATNR_LOW>
          <MATNR_HIGH/>
        </item>
      </MATNRSELECTION>

If this doesn't help, you can also set your user (if you have the authorization) to be used in the comm. channel and then set an ABAP External Breakpoint in the BAPI to see the actual values which are being sent into the BAPI.

Thanks,

-Russ

Edited by: Russell Darr on Dec 5, 2008 6:08 PM