Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Authentication without using SPNEGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

We have configured SPNEGO in our portal and everything is working fine but now we are going to use ESS and we want to protrect some iviews, like the payroll. We want to ask for the user and password.

We have create a new template in the Visual Administrator-Security Provider with the following entries:

com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.EvaluateTicketLoginModule - Sufficient - ume.configuration.active:true =yes

BasicPasswordLoginModule REQUISITE {}

com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.CreateTicketLoginModule SUFFICIENT {ume.configuration.active=yes}

With this we have modified the autschemes.xml adding the following

lines:

Also, we have assing this template to the iview.

Now, when we access to the iview a logon screen is poped up (this is

ok) but even if we put a correct user after 3 tries a 401 error is

shown (acces denied).

What can be the cause of this behaviour?

I have opened a message in OSS but this is all I have got of them:

+the point is - when SSO Ticket is expired, it won't be 401-Not Authorized HTTP error,

with header set to Negotiate, but just a J2EE runtime exception. This

would allow the user's browser to renew the SSO Kerberos ticket, which

is how SPNEGO works.

The user who is checking it is Guest user, so therefore you are getting

it.+

They don't explain anything else because this issue isn't an error... "you know what I mean"

Here I send an extract of the trace created by the diagtool:

[Dec 4, 2008 10:42:25 PM ] - CLIENT: 4649216, REQUEST:

{GET /irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtmode/preview/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fevery_user!2fcom.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder!2fcom.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews!2fcom.sap.pct.erp.ess.benefits_payment!2fcom.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_benefits_payment?sap-config-mode=true HTTP/1.1

Accept: /

Accept-Language: es

UA-CPU: x86

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Host: portal.lubasa.es

Connection: Keep-Alive

Authorization: Basic cnVnYXJjaWE6bmFyYW5qYTM=

Cookie: j_authscheme=ESS_SCH; UserUniqueIdentifier=1228379971997; PortalAlias=portal; saplb_*=(J2EE3080100)3080151; JSESSIONID=(J2EE3080100)ID1055733851DB01046363213849042466End; MYSAPSSO2=AjExMDAgAA9wb3J0YWw6UlVHQVJDSUGIABNiYXNpY2F1dGhlbnRpY2F0aW9uAQAIUlVHQVJDSUECAAMwMDADAANFUFAEAAwyMDA4MTIwNDIxNDEFAAQAAAAMCgAIUlVHQVJDSUH/AQUwggEBBgkqhkiG9w0BBwKggfMwgfACAQExCzAJBgUrDgMCGgUAMAsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATGB0DCBzQIBATAiMB0xDDAKBgNVBAMTA0VQUDENMAsGA1UECxMESjJFRQIBADAJBgUrDgMCGgUAoF0wGAYJKoZIhvcNAQkDMQsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAcBgkqhkiG9w0BCQUxDxcNMDgxMjA0MjE0MTIxWjAjBgkqhkiG9w0BCQQxFgQU9r0lROP9xSeA5thGNqyvEbaqrWswCQYHKoZIzjgEAwQvMC0CFQCV6qIJ2ofjbF/iMd9vVFd6U72dVwIUD7ENuEa2ID7ZVYY1kwtrrbs8!OU=; SAPPORTALSDB0=urn%253Acom.sapportals.appdesigner%253Aframework%2526isPersonalizeMode%3Dfalse

n/a

}

[Dec 4, 2008 10:42:25 PM ] - CLIENT: 4649216, REPLY:

{HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Server: SAP J2EE Engine/7.00

Content-Type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1

WWW-Authenticate: Basic Realm=Authentication

Pragma: no-cache

Content-Encoding: gzip

Content-Length: 594

Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:42:25 GMT

Set-Cookie: j_authscheme=ESS_SCH; Expires=Thu, 04-Dec-2008 21:42:35 GMT

n/a

}

Thank you in advanced!

Rubé

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ruben,

I think what SAP are trying to tell you is that when authentication is enabled using SPNEGO, this will be used for all logon attempts.

I am very familiar with this scenario, and have a solution, but it involves using a third-party product. I am not aware of any way to make the SAP supplied SPNEGO login module authenticate the user using userid+password entered into browser. Instead, you need some other login modules instead and you need a way to stop your browser from receiving the 401 from the SPNEGO module when a user logs onto the ESS application.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

Could you tell me which third party software do you use?

Best regards.

0 Kudos

> Thanks for your answer.

> Could you tell me which third party software do you use?

>

> Best regards.

It is described here, right on SDN EcoHub. Check https://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/ecohub/solutions/trustbrokeradapter

Thanks,

Tim