cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM:EXEC SERVICES job runs but no EWA report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had a search on the forum for related threads but there were no descriptions relating to my issue. I have redone the landscapes to how they should be done and i have lost all my EWA documents which were being generated before but now it seems the EWA reports are not being generated. by SP level is 15. This what i have done and checked:

- I refresh the service definitions on solMan and the remote SAP system, which is ECC 6.

- i ran the EWA collection on ECC 6 and it finished successfully with data visible locally.

- i ran another job to send the EWA data to SMP, which finished successfully. The EWA job used collect the data and send it to solman but now i have to collect the EWA data and then kick off another task to send it to solMan and i don't know how to reschdule it - slightly confused there. solMan is setup in SDCCN as master system so i thought i could select the rfc connection to Solman, which i could before.

- did ST05 rfc trace on ecc6 system and all seems ok there.

- i checked the job SM:EXEC SERVICES in sm37 on solman and checked the spool logs and something does not seem right. it says the following:

Job started

Step 001 started (program RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS, variant &0000000000229, user ID XXXXXX)

RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS : MemSize Begin = 1364464

Solution ERP Landscape is being edited (Operations)

RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS : MemSize End = 17182104

Job finished

it seems it does not like the landscape being edited which it isn't but i cannot find anything on OSS notes about this. if a EWA does get generated then it is empty. i guess this is becuase SM:EXEC SERVICES is runnign with no to data with

Does anyone know why this is happening?

your help is much appreciated

Thanks,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

are you sure that the EWA sessions you see in SDCCN in the satellite system are of the kind which can be processed by Solution Manager? You should check the session number. If it includes a "Z" then it's not a session which Solution Manager can process. You have to be sure that the session number you see in the satellite system corresponds with the one in the Solution Manager.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes i just checked the remote system SDCCN does have a z in the session number. also i setup EWA in solman and it also has a z session. One thing i noticed i didn't do was go into the solution landscape in smsy, right click and click "put in solution". i did that and it seems its created a EWA session in dswp for the solman landscape. i did the same for the ECC system.

I have got a EWA report for my ECC test system but it seems i am getting a grey diamond for the solman EWA in DSWP. Not sure why.

mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I checked SDCCN on Solman, ECC and other dev systems i have managed to setup EWA and it seems that all the EWA's came on the same date with the same SDCCN title for the task. I am assuming that if i activate solution monitoring in SMSY then i don't need to schedule a task in SDCCN for EWA? it all seems a bit confusing as one note says one thing and something else says another. If i have any EWA task scheduled with a Z in the session number then would it be ideal to get rid of it?

Thanks,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I just wanted to inform you that i managed to figure out how it works now..... FINALLY!!!

By putting the system into a solution in SMSY basically tells Solution Manager that you want to monitor the system and it generates a EWA task for that system. This task only gets picked up once the Maintenance Package task runs on the remote SAP system, this picks ups tasks from SAP and from the Solution Manager system which is setup as a master system. You can either wait until this task runs or force the task to run by going into the target SAP system and start it now. Once finished you will see a task created in the SDCCN and the EWA data is sent to the solMan system.

I still need to find out why i have a grey diamond for the Solman EWA report.

I hope it helps others.

Regards,

Mani