Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro abap view layout error: Object espected

attila_laczko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm facing a problem when trying to add a new element in the View Layout of a WebDynpro Component.

I will try in the following to be more explicit about the problem.

The technical configuration is following:

Laptop::SAP GUI 710<---Home Network---> Server: SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version (Study System)

On my laptop I'm successfully connecting with SAP-GUI to the Server.

Then I open the SE80 transaction and create a new WebDynpro-Component. In this component I create a View.

Now, in the View Layout, when I try to add a new element, off any kind, I receive the error: "Object expected", Code C and the URL form the message is referred to localhost:8000/sap/bc/the/path/to/the/page/preview/for/mandant000.( I think that is a Java Script error.)

As result, in the layout, I kant see anything, allthogh in the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER the added Element and his properties are showing up.

When I copy/paste the URL from the Error Message Window to the Internet Exploder, but changing localhost with the ip of the server, the page shows the element from the view.

I've tried to add on my laptop, in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ hosts,lmhosts a name for the ip address of the server, but with no results. The port 8000 is fully opened, the server is running on a fresh installed OS without any other programs or firewalls. Telnet to servers ip port 8000 also works.

Also I've tried with the Transaction SICF to look over some configuration directives but found nothing.

Can any one help me solving this problem? I'm prety sure that I'm missing some config file or some configuration somewhere ....

Many many thanks for any hint or help and I hope that I've describet well the problem.

The_Thinker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the view designer is not necessary to create a WD component but it is much easier to see what happens after adding an UI element.

I think this preview refers to SICF-service /sap/bc/wdvd but I am not sure why it is called at your local system.

Please have a look at transaction SMICM and click the third button (services). Which services are active and which hosts are shown in the list?

You could try to create a record in table HTTPURLLOC like this:

0100 | HTTP | /* | * | <server_ip> | <8000>

But I am not sure if it works and I don't know the Trial Version...

Regards

attila_laczko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've looked using the transaction you gave me and only 2 services are listed: the http and smtp, both using localhost as address.

Using also the transaction st22, for error reporting, i have concluded that is about the icm service.

Now, I have searched extensive on help.sap.com over the issue of setting up/configuring an icm service.

My question/s:

In order to be able to solve my problem, I have to configure a new icm service? or I need to configure a new alias? or an external service?

I'm a little confuse after all that reading on help.sap.com, witch, by the way, was very helpful for me in acquiring new informations.

Many thanks for help.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Thinker,

check you have all the settings as mentioned in the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/e86de5008b4d9ae10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

attila_laczko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Problem solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is actually slightly easier than that.

You don't need to change your computer name (in fact on later versions of windows you cannot have a dot as part of the name - I'm running a test setup on Windows 7 - which does cause some other problems - nothing major)

All you need to do is to add a value to the localhosts line with a dot in such as Rich-VM7.localhost. The line would look like:

127.0.0.1       localhost Rich-VM7.localhost

Then add the line

icm/host_name_full = Rich-VM7.localhost

to DEFAULT.PFL in C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\profile.

attila_laczko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

After extensive search I have managed to solve the problem. The solution is far more simple that I've imagined, with just a simple trick.

So, on the "server" side I have made the following settings:

MyComputer->rightClick->Properties->Computer Name tab: introduced a name in FQDN form, like sap1.localnet.net

In MiniSAP, call transaction RZ11, and set the parameter icm/host_name_full to be the same as the "server"/computer_name, like sap1.localnet.net.

Restart completely the computer.

On the "Client" side, meaning on my laptop:

Added an entry into the file located in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts like

192.168.1.1 sap1.localnet.net

And an entry in InternetOptions from Control Panel->Conections->LAN Settings->Proxy->Advanced->Exceptions like sap1.localnet.net

That was all folks.

At the end, I wish to thank to all of those who answered to this thread.

I've added one more stone to my knowledge base:D

Best to you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

u can go to transaction st22 and check why that error is coming , there u can have detailed description of the error .

hope that would solve your problem .