Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of creating org level for PERSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently on a HCM project, and have been requested to make personnel area an org level. The security currently is working by Personnel area, with their org structure using location on personnel area, and subarea for region. Because we are not finished with the blueprint stage, i'm hesitant to create this, as the security is working on the testing I have done on the sandbox. Their reasoning is for using derived roles. HCM is only phase 1. So, wouldn't this need to be considered for every new project they implement? If deriving is neccessary, has anyone ever derived on Plan Version? Has anyone ever had problems with creating org levels? Any information would be appreciated, I've looked all over, and just want to make the best recommendation. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I use personnel area, personnel group and organizational key (VDSK1) very often as org level in my projects. I never faced any problems.

Create the org level with report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE.

You can undo this change with PFCG_ORGFIELD_DELETE but this will not rebuild your values in SU24.

It is very helpful to use derivation in HCM because you may have a lot of responsibles who have to report data for cost centers (or anything else). This can be done with derivation on VDSK1.

0 Kudos

Hi

I often change PERSA to org level, unless the customer is using structural profiles, as Rainer described just use the report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE, but remember,you need to run this report for all the HR systems in your landscape - the change isn't transported, and if you forget, your role transports will fail.

Regarding the Plan Version org level - I have never seen it used

Regards

Morten

0 Kudos

Thank you very much!