Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username and pwd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Username and Password it will allow to enter into the next screen,but restrict it by not allowing the user entering with the same user name and password when it was already logged on.

Can anybody tell me about that!!

Regards,

S.Suresh.

31 REPLIES 31

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi experts,

>

> Same username and password it will allow to enter into the next screen,but restrict it by not allowing the user entering with the same user id and password when it was already logged on.

>

> Can anybody tell me about that!!

>

>

> Regards,

> S.Suresh.

Username Of Yahoo?or a Transaction in SAP??? or a Login Issue?? Or Release Strategy?? I am getting lot more doubts. Be Clear, Which Username and What?? Phrase it properly First.

0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa Sri Hari,

Report modules are used by two fields(username and pwd) then user name and pwd will allow to enter into the next screen by button once only. but its restrict it. back to screen going it. already going same username and pwd are not allowed next page.

Regards,

S.Suresh

0 Kudos

Which function module are you using?

Is it for electronic approvals? Or just checking authority by authenticating?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius Bussche,

its checking authority by authenticating..

i donot get the output. i am not doing function module.!

can u help me tis??

0 Kudos

If the user is already successfully logged on, then what authorization security is there if they only need to authenticate again => because they all can?

Why don't you use an authority-check? That is how almost all of the rest of the system works....

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

User name and pwd will allow to enter into the next screen by button once only. but its restrict it. next going to logged on. same username and pwd should not be allowed into the next screen... donot need back to screen.

i donot know about authority-check statement?

plz help me how do it doing this?

0 Kudos

> User name and pwd will allow to enter into the next screen by button once only. but its restrict it. next going to logged on. same username and pwd should not be allowed into the next screen... donot need back to screen.

I still don't understand how you are re-authenticating the user without a function module...

Please post your code so that we can take a look at it.

> i donot know about authority-check statement?

1) Type "AUTHORITY-CHECK" into the ABAP Editor.

2) Place your cursor on the statement "AUTHORITY".

3) Hit F1 on the keyboard and wait about 1 second.

(Or start transaction ABAPDOCU and you will see a light turn on... )

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i was doing authority-check object with field name: username and password.

ABAP editor:

select single * from zuser where username = zuser-username and password = zuser-password.

AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'ZUSER_SEC'

ID 'USERNAME' FIELD zuser-username

ID 'PASSWORD' FIELD zuser-password.

but its called sy-subrc eq 12.. i could not understand about authority-check pgm!!

i think Basis teams are used authority-check configuration!! is the correct it?

Can you help me about it soon!!!

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Edited by: suresh selvarajan on Dec 9, 2008 12:58 PM

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> Hi experts,

>

> i was doing authority-check object with field name: username and password.

>

> ABAP editor:

>

> select single * from zuser where username = zuser-username and password = zuser-password.

> AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'ZUSER_SEC'

> ID 'USERNAME' FIELD zuser-username

> ID 'PASSWORD' FIELD zuser-password.

>

> but its called sy-subrc eq 12.. i could not understand about authority-check pgm!!

> i think Basis teams are used authority-check configuration!! is the correct it?

Sorry, but what you are describing looks like a conceptual misuse.

The statement AUTHORITY-CHECK allows to check if an (authenticated) user is supplied with sufficient authorizations. This has nothing to do with authentication (which, by the way, is not restricted to username and password - there are many more authentication mechanisms).

Please describe your entire scenario: what you do intend to protect? First be clear about the "what", then think about the "how".

0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

This thread has taken several unusual "twists" already and could be hampered by a language problem as well (online translators used from Hindi => English => Hindi, or Urdu <= English <= Urdu).

My current theory of what is being attempted is to solve a problem using table lock entries (as in the SM12 sense). More than one user should not edit the same table at the same time. I would think that the VIEW_MAINTENANCE_CALL function module does this natively, but this development is modifying the table directly.

But as you can see from the above progression in this thread, this explanation is subject to change at anytime and without prior warning

A very merry christmas to you as well, and all the best for 2009!

Cheers,

Julius

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Wolfgang,

>

> This thread has taken several unusual "twists" already and could be hampered by a language problem as well (online translators used from Hindi => English => Hindi, or Urdu <= English <= Urdu).

Indeed ...

> My current theory of what is being attempted is to solve a problem using table lock entries (as in the SM12 sense). More than one user should not edit the same table at the same time. I would think that the VIEW_MAINTENANCE_CALL function module does this natively, but this development is modifying the table directly.

Oh, I see.

> But as you can see from the above progression in this thread, this explanation is subject to change at anytime and without prior warning

Indeed ...

> A very merry christmas to you as well, and all the best for 2009!

>

> Cheers,

> Julius

Thanks - same to you.

And hopefully we'll meet again in 2009.

0 Kudos

> And hopefully we'll meet again in 2009.

Hopefully we will hear from Suresh as well for some updation on the topic...

Cheers,

Julius

ps: "Updation" works better with the online translators.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By using profile parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login you can restrict multiple logons.

If this parameter is set to value 1, multiple dialog logons to the R/3 System (in the same client and under the same user name) are blocked by the system: Then the system recognizes a multiple logon, it displays a dialog box with the options "Terminate the current sessions" or "Terminate this logon".

This will make sure, user is logged on to the system from only one session.

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Where is profile parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login ? is it function module or what is transcation code?

how is configutation for it?

Reply me soon

S.Suresh

0 Kudos

You will not need to worry about this, because I cannot see your solution logging anyone onto any system... so it is still the same logon context from the 1st successfull logon attempt to the real system.

I still don't understand what you are wanting to do here. Perhaps it would be more efficient to start with explaining what you should not do?

Please tell us everything which you do not know... then we can start with that.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Please take your time and put more words to explain the requirement, everyone confused. I am writing here what i understood.

1. If any users logged on to system his session should be last till only once screen to execute or enter another screen again the system should prompt for username and password.

2. If one user logged on to say ECC Prod system, the user should not login to same system or screen again by entering username and password. Means do you want to restrict access to login a user if he already loggedin particular system.

You can elaborate above description if any point relates your requirement.

Cheers,

R

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need about it below..

If one user logged on to say ECC Prod system, the user should not login to same screen again by entering username and password by twice. Means I want to restrict access to login a user if he already loggedin particular system.

how is the code for it?

Reply me soon,

S.Suresh.

0 Kudos

Then Rahul is correct. No need for extra coding...

Having rules where the users periodically change the passwords also helps (hopefully you don't need to change their roles each time then either...)

Have a nice day,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Where is profile parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login ? what is transcation code?

how is configutation for it?

S.Suresh

0 Kudos

See tcode RZ10 and the documentation in RZ11.

But to be honest, you should contact your basis people to do this and explain the requirement to them...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Suresh

Correct me If Iam wrong!!

A user is logged into ECC Prod and he is the main screen where he says SAP Menu or User Menu. Let us take this user as 123. -

Step 1

The same user 123 is logging into ECC Prod supplying the user id and password.

So you dont want this user 123 to be in the initial screen which has SAP Menu or User Menu (lie in step1) but he need to be in different screen.

Do you mean this?

Thanks and Regards

Arun R

Edited by: Arunachalam Ramanathan on Dec 9, 2008 9:19 PM

0 Kudos

hi..

nobody Basis person in my office..

plz tell me about rz10 and rz11 configuration? i want about donot allow same username and password in module pool pgm!!!

Reply me soon,

S.Suresh.

0 Kudos

> Reply me soon,

I'm going for lunch first.

Tah tah,

Julius

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

1) Take the TCode RZ10.

2) You need to select the instance profile (eg. HE6_DVEBMGS00_HSDNT24S11) with the option

extended maintenance.

3) You need to include the parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login and set the value to "1".

4) Save the changes made and restart the SAP system.

Hence forth, by adding this parameter, the user will be restricted to logon into the same system multiple number of times.

Regards,

Obuli Rajh V S

0 Kudos

Hi,

i am doing t.code rz10.

profilename: NSP_DVEBMGS00_E0215( Instance profile)

version: 7 with this option 'Extended maintenace'. press enter as,

click create paramater which application toolbar then i put paramater name: Login/Disable_multi_gui_login

Parameter value: 1 and save it. then i clicked check which application toolbar.. its called W:Unknown parameter Login/Disable_multi_gui_login , a check cannot be performed

how is performed it??

Regards

S.Suresh.

0 Kudos

I seriously recommend you contact your basis team and ask them to do this.

Your manager will be able to tell you who the basis contact is. If you don't know what you are doing, you could potentially screw up a lot of things by playing with the parameters.

Your basis team will have to restart the system anyway for this to work so you need their help.

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

What is the version of your SAP sytem,multi gui logons cannot be restricted prior to Release 3.0D. As of Release 4.6, it is possible to prevent multiple dialog logons in the standard system using the dialog logon user exit (SUSR0001).

I hope now a days no one uses 3.0D version however let me know the version name and try again adding parameter with all small characters.

Cheers,

R

0 Kudos

> profilename: NSP_DVEBMGS00_E0215( Instance profile)

An NSP system should have this setup already by default...

What is the user type of your user (in SU01, on the logon data tab)?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

First Check what is the value assigned to the parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login.

Enter the transaction RZ11.

In the Param. Name box type in login/* and hit F4

Search for the parameter in the list

Highlight that and choose enter

Then choose Display.

Check what value is assigned to this parameter first.

Thanks and Regards

Arun R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

its used for Lock objects.

I got solution it.

thanks,

s.suresh.