cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final rebate settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Having a question towards final settlement of rebate agreements. Please see the following details:

Going to transaction VBO2, to do final settlement for one agreement .

After entering the detail screen, I clicked "Execute Settlement" to manually put the figure that I really need to pay for final settlement.

In the field "Amt. to be paid," system brought out the left accrual amount ( say 500). However, I don't need to pay that amount actually. I put 0, in the field, because I really don't have to pay for the final settlement.

Then, I clicked "save" icon. According to normal situation, the system should provide a credit memo request no. to me to do order releasing and billing document for the credit memo. But, the message was "agreement no. 23400804 changed," which seemed that final settlement had not carried out for the rebate agreement.

My question is why I can't put zero(0) in "Amt to be paid" field? And, if I really have to execute like this, since this is real situation we would face here, which is that we don't need to pay a customer on a rebate item maybe at year-end, but we need to close the rebate agreement, then how can we do that??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish

If I am not wrong, you have clicked on the "Create Manual Rebate payment" and button is "Pay".

You have not clicked on "Create final settelement via payment screen" and the button is "Execute settlement".

As you have clicked on the first one , that indicates that you have to specify the amount that you want to settle. Therefore you can not put "Zero" here.

If you want that, you do not like to put the amount then you go for the next button i.e. on the "Execute settlement" and save it , system will give you the Credit memo request no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pradyumna

Thnaks for your reply....let me check , probably you r right.....if it is do i will surely award you point....

But question remains how to close rebate without paying to customer

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anish

I agree with the words of pradyumna. as Even i understood said how you executed.Make sure that you are entering some amount in the accrual amount. and execute and make sure that the Agreement status is closed.if the rebate is over .So go to VB03 and check the Agreement Status is closed or not (payed to customer /payer).

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pradyannu & Srinath ....

Both of you are correct for ECC 6 version.....there if one clicks execute settlement button then manually value cannot be put......but in 4.7 version it was not like that.( unfortunately i am in that version ) . I just want to know how to close rebate agreement without making any settlement.....

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anish

First option : If you want to close the rebate agreement without giving credit note then change the Valid From & Valid To dates.Change the Valid From & Valid To dates into past .and then the rebate agreement will get closed

Second Option : Go to VBo2 and change the Valid From & Valid To dates into past dates and delete the rebate agreement.

Regards

Srinath

Answers (0)