cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Period in the dataview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapians,

I have a dataview designed with a fixed plannning start date(say for ex 01/01/2008).

This is done for a specific client requirement

Hence there is no rolling of periods possible.

Also, since a fixed date is provided as the planning start date, teh visble and input checkboxes are disabled.

The requirement that I am facing problem in is that when i open the dataview, the first period that gets defaulted is the bucket with the planning start date(01/01/2008 - say P1/2008).

However I need to default current week as the first period on the displayed screen.

The historical periods should go back. and i should eb able to access them using scrollbar.

Can you please let me know if there is an BAPI,BADI or some way to achieve this?

Please let me know in case of any more required information.

Regards,

Anuradha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was answered myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Can you let me know what is your periodicity? I mean is it Monthly, Weekly or Daily?

If you want to see the current week should be displayed & historical week goes back then you should use time Bucket profile instead of Planning start day. As you will look historical period by scrolling back.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a weekly dataview.

I had to use "Planning Start Date" for some other requirement and i wont be able to change that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When Planning start date is selected I dont think rolling of periods is possible.Try slecting the Initial column as L..Initial column displays the data till future planning horizon but again in your case I think it would be the planning start date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

This is not possible per standard. In any case the ONLY settings that enable to view current bucket as first column (or second if initial =L) is

Planning start = blank

Past TB Profile = blank

Visible from and Input from is automatically= deactivated

Horizon = not checked

If you use the planning start date = some date, you will only see that date as first bucket in the data view.

Visible from date selections are limited by the TB profile used for past. i.e. you cant choose any random date as visible from. This should be within the confines of the dates determined by the past TB profile.

If Visible from date is checked and set to blank (while past TB profile is in use)- THIS AUTOMATICALLY DEAFULTS to 01/01/1970. so in a sense you will still see the planning start date as first bucket in dataview

As such I didnt see any BADI in SCM 5.0

You need to customize this to set the visible from date to current date. but this again seems likes a problem as there is a default date of 01/01/1970 being called in visible from date (if checked and even if left blank) when using TB profile in the past. So you need to look into quite a few things before making any customization.

Regards,

Lok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well we resolved this using an enhancement spot in SCM 5.1 in FM /SAPAPO/SDP_TB_CREATE_COLS. We have inserted our code to manually adjust the first period on Dataview