cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade the BW system not XI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need help please, right now we are sending data through XI 3.0 to BW 3.5 system, the scenario's is working fine. Now we wants to upgrade BW 3.5 system to BW 7, XI system is same 3.0.

Through RFC's the receiver system BW system receiving the data.

Now what are the steps will be involved to work the existing scenario's point XI 3.0 to BW 7.

Please guide me the points.

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If after the upgrades, the client and RFCs remain same, then there is no need to perform any change. You have to keep the following things in mind to be unchanged.

1. System host name and port

2. Client

3. RFC structure

If nothing is changed then no change would be require at PI. If it changes, then you have to recreate a Business System for it in SLD and re-develop extire ID part for that Business system. IR will remain unchanged in either case.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetak,

Thanks for your reply, I came to know that the client no will be the same.

right now in dev system they have created one sandbox for that our xi system need to connect for testing the things.

for this i am assuming first we need to create the in XI system, RFC destatation and then for exesting business system we need to add the BW 7 system in SLD am i right.

pls let me know am i correct on this process and let me know some info on this please.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat.