cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Business Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the SD side configuration needed if we create a new business area. At present we are having 3 business area defined by rule plat and Item division. Is it necessary to create a new sales organization for the newly defined business area?

As i know we have to do the follwing configuration.pls guide me if i am missing something.

1 .Creation of new plant( by MM people)

2. Assign business area to plant and division(SD)

3. Define and assign new shipping point for the new plant (SD)

4. Assign Sales Org and Dist Channel to Plant in enterprise structure(SD)

Regards

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

Please see the guidance note for Business Area in below link.Go through it, it will

give you insight how business areas are maintained.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/FIBUSI/FIBUSI.pdf

Regds

MM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit & Hrishi for your reply. I would like to know is it necessary to create a new Sales Organization for the new Business Area.

Regards

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,

Difficult to say, unless. won't come to know your purpose/ business requirement of creating a new Business Area, in addition to exisiting 3 Business Areas.

However, The business area can be equivalent to the:

- sales area (if the accounts are to be posted according to sales)

- plant/division (if the accounts are to be posted according to products)

Business Area canb be assigned, based on the Plant and Division, or based on the Sales Area. you have to choose one way of assigning the Business Area. Then you can assign the Business Area, created n the FI Module, to either the Plant and Division, or to the Sales Area.

Path: SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprise Structure --> Assignment --> Sales and Distribution --> Business Area Account Assignment

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have created BA, then you will have to assing the BA to you sales area {which you might have already created}. Then you will have to define the rules for your sales area depending upon which your business area would get determined.

Now, coming to your queries :

As i know we have to do the follwing configuration.pls guide me if i am missing something.

1 .Creation of new plant( by MM people) - It should be done

2. Assign business area to plant and division(SD) - Yes, but for this your rule for BA determination for sales area should be 001

3. Define and assign new shipping point for the new plant (SD) - It is not related to the config for BA

4. Assign Sales Org and Dist Channel to Plant in enterprise structure(SD) - It is not related to the config for BA

Hope this will give you a clarity.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,

Following are few imporant transactions, in close relation with Business Area:

OX03 Create Business Area

OMJ7 assign Business Area to Plant / Valuation Area and Division

OVF2 Org Unit: Sales Area - Business Area Determination rule

OVF0 Org Unit: Business Area Determination rule

OVF1 Sales Area - Business Area Determination rule Slsorg/DstCh

Also, refer:

[Business Area|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/FIBUSI/FIBUSI.pdf]

[Business Area-|http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sapfi003.htm]

Hope, this information will be helpful.

Very Best Regards,

Amit