cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro application over the internet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have created a webdynpro app and would like our customers to use it. The issue is that the FQDN is not exposed to the web. We have a different domain registered, and is hosted on a server inside the LAN which also hosts a java portal application accessed by our partners.

When the customer comes over the internet, he should access the webdynpro app thru a link in the portal. We have tried this but couldn't make it work. We have created a link in the java portal. When we click on it coming in via the internet, it shows page not found.

When we maintain the ip and fqdn in the host file, it works. This is not really the way we want it to operate nor do we want the webas exposed to the internet.

Any leads on how to do this is appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your basis consultant to install Webdispatcher.

Web dispatcher act as a gateway between internet and webas.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

Do you mean that Web-Dispatcher will allow you to work on both side simultaneously : On Internet and On Web-Application? Kindly provide some input...

Thanks,

Ravin Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I have read quite a bit on the web dispatcher now. I am now clear on the role, but I am still struggling to understand how does it actually work.

We have a registered domain name which opens into an inhouse java app (not an SAP server). I would like to put the link for the webdynpro app on this site. The java app has its own authentication module, I want to use that to generate a link for the webdynpro app. How will the web dispatcher work in this scenario. Do I install it in the server where the java app is installed? How will the url be mapped from the java app to it.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vishalc_kava
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

For WD Application to be accessible on internet, the server from where this application is running wheather it may be WDA or WDJ its server should be public, i.e. host name of the server to be public you need to open some ports relevent for internet, only after that you will be able to access the desired application on internet.

Regards

Vishal