cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcasting a Message using PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I want to configure the following scenario.

I would name the Scenario as Broadcast

The requirement is 1 Sender and Multiple Receivers (for Eg: 3 receivers) both would be file formats for example

About Broadcast

Broadcasting means publishing information to masses. The characteristic of any broadcasting scenario is that the sender cannot make any assumption who will listen to the message.

XI will supervise the broadcast and allow configuring the scenarios according specific needs.

For example a message may have a life-time, so the broadcast should be visible for a certain period and then automatically removed. Another possibility would be that we allow a pre-defined or calculated number of receivers (in our case 3 receivers) to read the message; in the simplest case it means that the sender is looking for one agent to process the message but there are several Receivers to choose from.

Any Inputs would be appreciated. Do I require BPM's for the Scenario.

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out the scenario "pub and sub scenario's using XI" on the Netweaver How to sessions in the Events section.

XI by default does not support publish and subscribe scenario's but with a API available for configuration for Integration directory objects, every time a subscriber list is updated, the ID objects can be programatically created in XI leading to the ability to support pub and sub scenario's.

The API's are available, but the framework and GUI screen's etc to maintain these pub sub scenarios though would need to be created by you as you would understand after you go through the above mentioned presentations.

Hopefully sometime down the line, there would be better GUI based support but for now most of it is upto the developer to do.

Regards

Bhavesh

varun_k
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh Kantilal,

Thanks for the reply. As you said I have checked that scenario in the Know-How series Under Events. But as of now that Presentation is still not available.

I think PI 7.1 would help more in accomplishing such scenarios.

Regards,

Varun

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also check this presenation,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/webinar?rid=/library/uuid/10b7726d-1130-2b10-f596-98b9b5a8b5b4

Same concept - but more on the API than on the pub sub concept ~

Regards

Bhavesh

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

As suggested you can do it by configuring the list of receivers in Receiver determination with the conditions that you want. You dont need BPM for this just configure the receiver agreements,interface determinations as per the no. of receivers.

Thanks!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BPM is not required. You may provide the name of all the receivers in Receiver Determination step in ID with or without conditions.

Regards,

Prateek