cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best method to run an application in the background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the best way to implement a java based application to run in background once it is initiated in the portal? Is to possible to implement such a scenario using web dynpro? If not, what can be the best alternative?

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

can you be more specific that what is your exact requirement... whether you have some application which has some extended interaction time...but to run your application in background you can create a windows shortcut to "iexplore.exe http://<host>:<port>/<wdapp>"; and run it using the windows scheduler.

regards

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I have developed a webdynpro application that sets properties to documents in a KM repository. Since there are hundreds of documents, it is taking nearly an hour to complete execution. Since it is in webdynpro, I cant close the window till the exectution is finished. I would like to have an application that would continue execution even if the window is closed.

What is the best way to do this? Can this be done in webdynpro?

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you to think about to implement it using asynchronous components, like EJB MDB.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

If you close the WebDynpro window the Application's Execution will be Stopped. So i think we can't done it in WebDynpro.

I suggest you to think about to implement it using Servlets.

With Regards,

RooP KumaR.

Answers (0)