Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to carry out sales return at depot

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to carry out the sales returns at Depot.

In have done the process like below:

Return sales order --> Return Delivery --> Credit Memo --> J1IS (With reference to Return delivery document) - Transaction type is OTHR - But here system is not copying any details in to excise invoice (Like material number , qty, excise details etc).

What would be the reason, do we need to follow any other process?

Please let me know.

Regards

Lakshmikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved

Thanks to all.

krishna_mohan34
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakki,

Once you created Return-Delivery, Had you run Transaction - J1IG (with ref. to Goods Reciept Doc., generated at Return Delivery process)?

You need to update Depot Register with value and quantity, when return comes back (enter the excise values manually with reference to header excise condition values from return order and update depot register).

Once run the Transaction - J1IG, create Credit Memo.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Is your this thread is in continuation to thread

If so, please close either of them.

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If i do this, system will post it as incoming entry in RG23D register. This incoming entry i can use once again as reference for outgoing excise invoice. Am i right?

Is there any other way to handle this Depot sales return process. Can we use J1IS transaction code.

But SAP Note: 535616 saying J1IS method, but that not is not clear at all. In that note i have some info, that is

Q: How do I handle the returns at depot?

A: If there are returns to depot, that can be captured as any other receipt. You can enter the material document no of the return recei pt and the data gets copied and you can copy into RG23D.

Can you suggest me to process further.

Regards

Lakshmikanth

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

Do you have any idea about J1IS way in Depot sales return process.

Please help me to find the solution.

Regards

Lakshmikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakki,

Below is the standard procedure to handle depot returns:

1. Sales Order (Return Order)

2. Delivery (Return Delive PGR)

3.Incoming Excise Invoice using Transaction J1IG with referenc to return Material Document.

Please note that this again referenced while doing depot sales.

Please note the J1IS or J1IH you cannot use for depot returns. This will not have any impact on Depot (PLANT) this will have impact on Factory (PLANT).

Any further querries let me know..

Regards

MBS

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear MBS,

I agree with you, but J1IS process at Depot sales return has discussed in SAP note 535616

But SAP Note: 535616 saying J1IS method, but that is not clear at all. In that note i have some info, that is

A: If there are returns to depot, that can be captured as any other receipt. You can enter the material document no of the return recei pt and the data gets copied and you can copy into RG23D.

Can you suggest me to process further.

I have one doubt, i don't want to refer it again while doing depot sales.

I want to return to vendor from Depot those material. In this case how to handle it?

Please let mw know your views.

Regards

Lakshmikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Below is the reply for your querry

"But SAP Note: 535616 saying J1IS method, but that is not clear at all. In that note i have some info, that is

A: If there are returns to depot, that can be captured as any other receipt. You can enter the material document no of the return recei pt and the data gets copied and you can copy into RG23D."

If I am not wrong this does tell you about the J1IG transaction only.. As I have already stated " Once the material is returned from the customer this can be sold back to some other customer. In that case

while doing depot sales you have to refer the mother invoice in J1IJ. Then system will bring you the excise nvoice created in J1IG (Just do not take your example. Just think of normal business scenario).

If you want to send the material back to the vendor. then cancel the J1IG then creating return order to vendor.

This is how can achieve your requirement..

Regards

MBS

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much. I am very happy to get clear details from you.

But i am still not clear about your last suggestion, that is return to vendor.

I have purchased (Impotrs) at depot and i have sold to customers.

If customer returns, we can do J1IG and we can use it again - In this case no vendor returns.

If i want to return to vendor which customer returned to depot. In this case, i think i no need to do the J1IG.

Please give me the CIN process in this case please.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Lakshmikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

J1IG is to update RG23D table. If you donot update this. If you check the table you can see that

You have recieved material and sold to the customer both G/R material document and Delivery document is updated in the RG23D table. Then there shold be entry for J1IG reversal right?

I feel (not 100% sure) you can created J1IG then you can cancel it. then do the return to vendor cycle.

Even the RG23D table gets updated for the reversal..

But my KIND SUGGESTION would be. Try this scenario. If its works fine as expected then go ahead with this else you do not created J1IG and test it..

Its always recommended to test all the scenario's...

Regards

MBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has Copy Control config been properly maintained?

Rgds.